Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Braunschweig 1931

Hi,

I'm looking for feedback from the right honourable gentlemen of WAF...

I've seen many, many versions of the SA Braunschweig 1931 tinnie....most are horrible fakes....those that were original looked a bit battered...

I've read countless postings on many militaria sites about the pro's and con's of buying this badge....

I have two questions if you don't mind....

1/ What is it that makes this particular SA tinnie the most desired SA tinnie to own..what is so significant about the 'Braunschweig Treffen' ?

2/ The two photo's that I have posted, which show a solid M1/63 version...does it tick all the right boxes....is it the real deal ?

(I did see another M1/63 tinnie in another thread...it looks the same thing...hopefully!)

Many thanks in advance....
    Attached Files

...and the 'bum' shot of the same SA tinnie...
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry to say that i'm not a big fan of this badge. One problem is the pin back it's not a molded part of the badge. The only solid backed badges I feel comfortable with are the M1/17 marked Assmann badges.

Comment

Hi Claymore, the badge is popular as it later had it's status raised to that of a decoration.

Hi Eric, what about the solid back M1/35. I have shown mine several times on the forum in the past, always to good reviews.

A thread about these badges here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=182758

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Ade,

..and what does the reverse of the M1/35 look like ? Is the pin 'moulded' into the badge, or gripped together like this M1/63....

I just want to make sure about mine before deciding if it needs returning or not...

(this is why I've avoided buying this badge in the past!!!)

An identical SA Braunschweig badge posted elsewhere here got by with favourable comments...

Regards.

Comment

Hi Claymore, here is mine again to save you trying to find it

Owned it for about 30 years.

Cheers, Ade.
            Attached Files

Comment

Reverse, Maker marked RZM “M1/35”. (Wachtler & Lange, Mittewida.)
              Attached Files

Comment

...thanks Ade...very nice!

...I now understand better the term used by ErichS....

Comment

...I already knew that this particular tinnie was 'raised' into decoration status (thanks Ade)....

...but why?

...with all my other tinnies, I know what they are meant for and what would have occured at those events...

...what's so significant about the 'Braunschweig treffen' that made this badge so worthy of being turned into a decoration, as opposed to a normal 'treffen' tinnie ??

Regards.

Comment

This Badge was raised to Party status due to it being an Old Fighter award. At this meeting the SA were involved in many street battles with the Reds. This Rally was one that helped the NSDAP win pwer in 33.
                    Adrian's badge is very nice and shows a good example of a correct pin plate.

Comment

Hi ErichS...

...thanks for the background information....

...I have more questions...I have approx 100+ SA tinnies, all of which I firmly believe to be 100% original...so that's why I'm trying to gauge if this Braunschweig is the real deal or not...

(...the German dealer that I bought it from has a good 'guarantee without limit' policy, so I'd like to know for sure....)

...when the RZM control (or license) is issued to allow different manufacturers to make the same badge....are the manufacturers obligied to ensure that both the front and the reverse side of the badge is identical in every respect....or are they allowed a certain freedom in how the pin is attached ?

...for instance, we've mentioned that the M1/17 and M1/35 versions of this badge have a moulded pin attachment....is there anyone else here on WAF with a similar M1/63 to the one I have posted...

...in fact, are there other solid versions of this badge made by different 'M1/?? 's....please post examples if you have them !

Regards.

Comment

...okay then.....same theory...

...is there a book which lists and shows the different manufacturers of this particular badge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Claymore View Post
                          Hi ErichS...

...when the RZM control (or license) is issued to allow different manufacturers to make the same badge....are the manufacturers obligied to ensure that both the front and the reverse side of the badge is identical in every respect....or are they allowed a certain freedom in how the pin is attached ?

Regards.
                          The RZM only reviewed / approved the design of the front of badges and general construction. I don't think they concerned themselves specifically with pin design / attachment. All manufacturers with an RZM license had to submit an example to the RZM before making a badge, but different makers could have different pin set ups. This can be seen on the different types of pin attachments on common NSDAP member pins.

Comment

....thanks Stephen...that's at least one of my questions answered...

Regards.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X