Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Austrian NSDAP Supporter's Badge - What Do You All Think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austrian NSDAP Supporter's Badge - What Do You All Think?

Hi Everybody,

What do you make of this? It's an Austrian NSDAP badge, and according to Cone is rare, with less than 2,000 produced.

However, Cone describes it as having a diameter of 25mm whereas this example has a diameter of 22mm. Should I be alarmed? It is marked on the reverse with a 'B' in a circle. Does anyone recognise this mark?

All help much appreciated.

Thanks and all the best,
    Toby.
    Attached Files

And the reverse:
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I have one posted over on German daggers, it's diameter is 25mm.

http://daggers.infopop.net/2/OpenTop...3&m=4763067727

Comment

The condition is not so good with the lettering suffering as well as an amount of corosion on the reverse. A badge that is scarse as apart from rare. Many more were made than were members for obvious reasons. Having said that a nice little piece to put in a political collection. BUT DO NOT PAY BIG BUCKS.

Comment

Hi JScott and Warlord,

Thanks for your comments. Any thoughts as to why this one is 3mm smaller in diameter than typical examples?

All the best,
          Toby.

Comment

At this time the controle on the items was much less important. Considering the conditions in Austria the order for manufacture was possibly misconstrude with this manufacturer. Could produce it at a fraction less. These facts gave rise to the centeralisation of orders and the introduction of the RZM. Your badge smaller is not just as desirable as the correct size. Collectors want the standard. They can part with them easily. MAD MEN like me goes for the varriation. I like the question why. Again and possibly more so now you draw my attention to the size difference PAY BIG BUCKS.

Comment

Toby
              mine is 22 mm also.
              Unfortunately i do not have an unmarked version to check at the moment. I have seen these 2 types, the unmarked is a much rarer badge and this is what Cone is referring. I believe there are more than 2000 of this type produced
              mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X