Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Pins Opinions ?

Hello,

I received these HJ pins in a box of US and German items I received today.

Never encountered these before and I was just looking for opinions good or bad.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Attached Files

Pins

Hj
    Attached Files

Comment

pins

Reverse...............
      Attached Files

Comment

pins

close up
        Attached Files

Comment

I know this is the wrong forum, but any opnions on this small ribbon bar?

Thanks,
          Steve
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, Congratulations with your find. The two HJ Ehrenzeichen are good in my opinion and in a stunning condition. I just really love them . The ribbonbar is also ok.

Regards, Theo
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Thanks Theo glad to here they are good.

What exactly are they?

Do the numbers on the reverse corrolate to an individual person?

Thanks,
              Steve

Originally posted by Theo Cuypers View Post
              Hi, Congratulations with your find. The two HJ Ehrenzeichen are good in my opinion and in a stunning condition. I just really love them . The ribbonbar is also ok.

Regards, Theo

Comment

Hi Steve,

I hope sjl "stephen" gives a second opinion. He's an expert in this stuff. But if those two are not good I don't know it anymore . These are rather hard badges to judge because they are havely faked and information is scarcy. But agian: I really love them. You could find a lot of B-types by this maker (reserve -piece) but the numbered ones are not that much encountered. It is the honor version of the HJ abzeichen, given to early members (the HJ-collectors in this forum could give you more specific info). The numers are just serial numbers but I guess the number of the recieved badge was written in the membership book of the HJ boy. Just like it was the case with the SS-zivilabzeichen serialnumber.

Regards, Theo
                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Thanks Theo - not sure about "expert" but happy to give my two cents.

I like them too. They are unissued HJ Golden Honour badges, instituted June 23, 1934 as a national award for HJ members who had joined before the HJ Rally at Potsdam (Oct 2, 1932).

The usual number you see for the awards is 107,000 initially eligible members, but you often see numbers higher than this (like yours). That's because the elibility requirements were widened later to include people who had been in the HJ and then moved onto other NSDAP organizations, and awards for merit as an honour badge.

Yours are on the high end of issued numbers and look like they were never issued - probably factory or RZM store found, especially since the numbers are nearly sequential. M1/120 is well known for the "B" or replacement badge type with the same pin set up. The locking ring catch is not often used in genuine period badges, but this maker and badge used it.

M1/120 is the famous company Wilhelm Deumer of Ludenscheid.

Comment

It's just a thought but I have the feeling that it is much easier to check originality of these badges if they are in MiNT condition. As soon as I saw the rich yellow colour of the firegilting I knew they were good

Regards, Theo
                    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Thanks for all the great information guys ! I really appeciate it!

Anyone have any MINT tabbed Heer buckles for trade?

Steve

Comment

Steve -

Very nice pins!!!

Comment

Thanks Dan ! Funny seeing you over here too. I see we both stopped by a different area !

Steve

Originally posted by KC1 View Post
                          Steve -

Very nice pins!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X