Please Post Your Fake Tinnies Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Post Your Fake Tinnies Here

In an effort to help other collectors identify and be more conversant with fake Tinnies, Dan suggested posting examples on the forum. I will start the Ball rolling with the following examples.(I only have an image of the obverse on the following Tinnie as it is one that was offered to me in recent a deal (however trust me, it's a fake) I will post an original below it for comparrison

1) WETTKAMPFTAGE SA GRUPPE NIEDERRHEIN 1938 DUISBURG - FAKE
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Martin Harding; 02-06-2008, 10:46 PM.

1) Wettkampftage Sa Gruppe Niederrhein 1938 Duisburg - original
    OBVERSE
    Attached Files

Comment

1) Wettkampftage Sa Gruppe Niederrhein 1938 Duisburg - ORIGINAL
      REVERSE
      Attached Files

Comment

TAG DER WEHRMACHT FRANKFURT - FAKE
        Attached Files

Comment

TAG DER WEHRMACHT FRANKFURT - ORIGINAL
          OBVERSE
          Attached Files

Comment

TAG DER WEHRMACHT FRANKFURT - ORIGINAL
            REVERSE
            Attached Files

Comment

I hope this thread success! Looks very interesting.
              Those seem to be very good fake pieces, arent they?

Comment

Hello Santiago, yes some tinnies as you know are manufactured & designed to deliberately deceive. However if you take a closer look at the reverse of the fake Tag der Wehrmacht for example, you will notice that the mirror image of the Swastika (reverse) & the text is 'Dull' in comparrison with that of the original example. Another dead givaway is the actual metal (not period)
                regards Martin

Comment

Hall Of Shame - FAKE
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
                    Hello Santiago, yes some tinnies as you know are manufactured & designed to deliberately deceive. However if you take a closer look at the reverse of the fake Tag der Wehrmacht for example, you will notice that the mirror image of the Swastika (reverse) & the text is 'Dull' in comparrison with that of the original example. Another dead givaway is the actual metal (not period)
                    regards Martin
                    Yes, i see what you mean.
                    I tried finding those differenced but i didnt notice the one you mention.
                    What you also say about the metal is true, they seem to be very different kinds of metal.
                    I wonder why the fakers went through all that hard work trying to decieve and they didnt bother to pick the same metal or a very similar one! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Hall Of Shame - FAKE
                      Attached Files

Comment

Santiago, in some cases the tinnies are produced in such quantities it is commercially viable for the manufacturer's to make them of a reasonable quality. The manufacturer's actually charge little for the Tinnies.The problem is when they change hands, even I had my fingers burnt recently with a Zeppelin that was an obvious fake (my excuse I was so inundated with work at the time, my brains were fried) yet another excuse that I did not see the reverse of the Badge
                        regards Martin

Comment

Hall Of Shame - FAKE
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hall Of Shame - FAKE
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
                              Santiago, in some cases the tinnies are produced in such quantities it is commercially viable for the manufacturer's to make them of a reasonable quality. The manufacturer's actually charge little for the Tinnies.The problem is when they change hands, even I had my fingers burnt recently with a Zeppelin that was an obvious fake (my excuse I was so inundated with work at the time, my brains were fried) yet another excuse that I did not see the reverse of the Badge
                              regards Martin
                              Thats what i thought.
                              Just wait until the day tinnies will be expensive, so then fakers could use the same or a very similar metal and still get a goof profit out of it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X