Party Awards on Wehrmacht Uniforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Party Awards on Wehrmacht Uniforms?

I know the NSDAP party awards like the golden party badge, 10 and 15 year service awards were worn by members of the SS but were they worn by members of the Wehrmacht on Army, Navy, or Air Force uniforms, if so does anyone have a photo of this?

John

Hi john,

all that OFFICIAL decorations worn on Party uniforms could also be worn on Armed Forces uniforms.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Yes indeed, see these photos in The Ribbon Bar Article

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/ribb.../gallery_4.htm

for my Naval officer Nazi and

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/ribb.../gallery_5.htm

for Robert Noss's army NCO Nazi.

Comment

NSDAP Awards

Look for photos of Goering, Keitel, Jodl, and Fieldmarshall Erhard Milch. The Gold Party badge can be found.

Comment

WH Goldenes Parteiabz. Recipients

Here are some other examples of Wehrmacht Gold Party Badge recipients in the Wehrmacht (Note: These were not members of the NSDAP, at least prior to 20 July 1944 when it was finally permitted for members of the Wehrmacht to join the NSDAP; Before that date, serving members of the armed forces could not join the Party, though Party members could join the Heer, Luftwaffe, and Kriegsmarine and still retain their NSDAP membership). Those listed (as well as the already-mentioned Keitel, Jodl, and Milch) received the award as an honorarium for services to the Reich; that is, they did not receive it for holding an NSDAP-Nr. below 100,000 as was the original criteria for award).

Generalfeldmarschall Werner von Blomberg
          Generalfeldmarschall Walther von Brauchitsch
          Generalfeldmarschall Ferdinand Schörner
          Generaloberst Eduard Dietl
          Generaloberst Dr. Lothar Rendulic
          General der Gebirgstruppe Julius Ringel

Grossadmiral Erich Raeder
          Grossadmiral Karl Dönitz

Incidentally, Oberst (LW) Hans Ulrich Rudel was a recipient of the Goldenes Hitler-Jugend Ehrenzeichen

Best wishes,
          ~ Mike Miller / ABR

Comment

I have a photo of a receipient of the Blood Order and Gold party badge, taken on the Russian Front while he was serving in the Army as a war reporter for the Propaganda Ministry. He wears the uniform of an Army Sonderfuhrer, with the equivalent rank of lieutenant. On his left pocket he wears his large Gold Party Badge, above his WW I wound badge, and on the pocket flap of his right pocket he wears the Blood Order ribbon. The photo was obviously taken at the front. The tunic is simply an elisted quality tunic with Sonderfuhrer insignia. I have his Blood Order ( first pattern, cased ) and his Gold Party Badge in my collection. After I aquired them I located his son in Germany, who sent me the photo of his Father in Russia. I'll try to post it here.

Comment

Hello!
              Here is a photo of a Officer wearing the 10yr Service medal to the NSDAP
              Look a few posts down
              Last edited by Tyler Ramsey; 07-23-2003, 08:57 PM.

Comment

What on earth are you doing awake at 5 of 4 in the morning, kiddo?

You NEED your sleep at your age or you will suffer for it later in your Declining Years.

Ohhhhh yes you will!

Comment

Feb. 1945

One Erich Faussar, feb. 1945-his only medal (ribbon) a NASDAP 10 year award.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Lundström
                    What on earth are you doing awake at 5 of 4 in the morning, kiddo?

You NEED your sleep at your age or you will suffer for it later in your Declining Years.

Ohhhhh yes you will!
                    Hehehehe
                    The reason I was up so early, is because I go to bed when I want and wake up when I want
                    Until school starts. Which is not very far away. But I do get plenty of sleep, but not in the same order as every one else.
                    Here is the photo that was posted above

Comment

What the heck is wrong with that guy? He looks as if he feel off the back of a Kfz69 ( Kubelwagen) and landed on his head . Well what ever it was that happened to him I'm sure it is what earned him that wound badge .

John
                      Last edited by Market Garden; 07-24-2003, 11:37 PM.

Comment

I think this guy might be part Polish

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X