1934 Gau-Party Day Aachen tinnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1934 Gau-Party Day Aachen tinnie

Just found this piece this past weekend.

Enjoy,
    Howard
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Howard Kelley View Post
    Just found this piece this past weekend.

Enjoy,
    Howard
    Reverse.

Any idea of value?

Howard
    Attached Files

Comment

Rare Tinnie

Hello Howard, you have a very impressive and fairly scarce to find Tinnie, it is an early NSDAP Province Party Day Badge with much historical importance as it was manufactured at the time of Adolf Hitler's assumption of undisputed power in Germany. The words
      'Hitler ist Deutschland' translates (as I am sure you know) to 'Hitler is Germany' There exists other Tinnies with virtually identical shape and design such as the Gautag Gera 1934. ES Lebe das Ewigue Deutschland (province meeting Day at Gera 1934 long live etermnal Germany) .Both are usually encountered with much rust which makes your example all the more desirable.
      Regards Martin
      Last edited by Martin Harding; 12-14-2007, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
        Hello Howard, you have a very impressive and fairly scarce to find Tinnie, it is an early NSDAP Province Party Day Badge with much historical importance as it was manufactured at the time of Adolf Hitler's assumption of undisputed power in Germany. The words
        'Hitler ist Deutschland' translates (as I am sure you know) to 'Hitler is Germany' There exists other Tinnies with virtually identical shape and design such as the Gautag Gera 1934. ES Lebe das Ewigue Deutschland (province meeting Day at Gera 1934 long live etermnal Germany) .Both are usually encountered with much rust which makes your example all the more desirable.
        Regards Martin

Hello Martin,

Thanks so much for the information. I'm not a tinnie collector.....but this one really caught my attention! Very heavy and made from steel, not to mention the design is very striking!

Thanks again for the information. Any idea of market value?

Cheers,
        Howard

Comment

Price

Hello Howard, yes it is a well made Badge and as you correctly pointed out is of is steel condstruction, as you know values can vary, it all depends on which country you are in. one Tinnie might be considered rare In America but considered to a common Tinnie in say Germany. From my perspective I would say this particular Badge would be valued at a much higher price in Austria or Germany, perhaps 65 euro. some may consider this an over valuation but where Tinnies are concerned no is fixed price. I recently bought a rare Tinnie from Austria for 1 euro, yet three years back I paid in England £40 for a identical Tinnie in worse condition. I hope this information helps Howard
          Regards Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
            Hello Howard, yes it is a well made Badge in comparrison to other Tinnies, as you know values can vary, it all depends on which country you are in. one Tinnie might be considered rare In America but considered to a common Tinnie in say Germany. From my perspective I would say this particular Badge would be valued at a much higher price in Austria or Germany, perhaps 65 euro. some may consider this an over valuation but where Tinnies are concerned no fixed price. I recently bought a rare Tinnie from Austria for 1 euro, yet three years back I paid in England £40 for a identical Tinnie in worse condition. I hope this information helps Howard
            Regards Martin
            Hello Martin,

Yes, thanks again for your help.

Values can be very abstract. Guess it all depends upon how bad we need or want something!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Thanks again,
            Howard

Comment

Seasonal Greetings

Howard, very nice early Badge, If I was you I would keep this particular Badge. Best Wishes to you too for Christmas
              Regards Martin

Comment

Gents I just dug mine out and curiously mine is marked Hoffstatter. have a nice weekend. Robert

Comment

Hoffstatter

Hello, Robert are you able to take a picture of your badge ? Would be nice to see shots of the reverse too if possible.
                  Regards Martin

Comment

Actually I am unable to do so as I am "only a member". I can only observe and opine. I have to pay to be able to display my collection to others. Sorry Robert

Comment

Subcriptions

Hello Robert, sorry I never noticed you were not an association member. Try clicking on the link below which might be of help.
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=214070

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X