Clear All

Mothers crosses opinions wanted

Donno where to put it so I try here.

Does these ones look OK ?

Gold front

Gold back

Silver front

Silver back

I will go ahead and add my opinion here.

It would be best to have closer, clearer photos, in order for the best judgements to be made. However, based on these photos alone, I would say that these look good.

One of the things that looks good, even from this distance, is the uniformity of distance in the white border, around each arm of the cross. I have seen a number of fakes that do not duplicate this well.

Closeup photos would help to see if there is a stippling pattern behind the blue enamel. I have found that this feature is more or less visible under different lighting conditions and magnification--but always there, nonetheless. You can, of course, check that yourself, even without adding better photos, if you choose.

Closer photos would also reveal more information about the clarity of the details of the cross, in general--especially the details in the lettering on the front and back. Reproductions often do not often have the definition of originals.

The bottom line is that they look good to me, based on the photos you've posted. However, I would want to see much better, closer, and clearer photos before making a definitive judgement and/or making a purchase. I have just learned that you cannot be too careful in this hobby.

This is just my opinion, of course. However, it comes to you very thoughtfully, based on my experience collecting and examining numerous examples.

Chris

Comment

Thanks a lot. I will post more photos when the crosses arrive.

Anyone else that like to give comments ?

Comment

From the pics provided they look OK to me too.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I will also concur with the other members both these cross’s look good to me judging from the photos provided.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X