Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Sports Badges Issued to the SS

Hello everyone:

After reading numerous other posts about the SA Sports Badge, it appears that this is the correct forum for this question. If I am not correct, please move this question to the most appropriate forum.

Atfer researching my question here with no success, I am going to go ahead and ask. I know that the SS also received the SA Sports badge. However, I do not know if the SS received the badge for the entire period of its issue--from 1934 - 1945.

1. Did the SS receive the SA Sports Badge for the entire period of its issue, or was there a cut-off point for that?

2. Were SS members any more likely to have received any particular type of the SA Sports Badge--the first type, perhaps? Or, were they just as likely to receive the first and second, but not the third? Or, perhaps they were just as likely to have received any one them?

I've just been curious about that detail for some time, and I've so far been unable to find the answer anyplace. I'm currently developing a grouping of awards, insignia, etc. as would have been worn by and/or awarded to an SS Officer, and I just like to be as accurate as possible--mostly just to satisfy my own desire for accuracy, I suppose...

Thanks in advance to all who may respond.

Chris

The why I understand it from November 1933 to February 1935 it was for the SA only from 1935 -1945 it was open for all who could pass the qualification tests.

Comment

Thank you very much, James! I really appreciate your response and the information.

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X