Manion Tinnie Book Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manion Tinnie Book Help

What is the difference in the 4 volumes? Do they all deal with different types of tinnies or are just different versions of the same book with the 4th in the series being the most up to date? If they cover different types of tinnies which ones do each of the volumes cover? Sorry for all the questions but I need help

Never Fear I Will Hold Your Hand In Cyberland

Hello, Each of Manions four volumes actually covers different Tinnies in each volume
    No 1 covers 410 Tinnies, No 2) continues from 411 to 839 No 3 from 840 to 1263 and No 4) from 1264 to 1903
    In each volume they are listed under SA/HJ/NSKOV/ NSLB?NSDAP/SS/GAU DAY/KRIES/WHW/DLV/NSFK/ STALHELM/ KDF etc etc Unlike Tieste who covers Tinnies by Gau (Regions)
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Martin. Trying to figure out what to do for WHW info on tinnies and it doesn't seem like there is a cost effective way to do it. The Tieste WHW books are 25 euro each (and you need 4 to have them all) plus the shipping. I just unloaded for the big Tieste 2006 version but WHW isn't covered.

Comment

Peanuts for Tinnies

Hello, no problem always glad to help a fellow collector, just don't get too caught up in collecting tinnies as it becomes a bit like salted peanuts you can never get enough I am afraid with the Tieste Books price wise that is the going rate, ocassionally on German ebay the odd Tieste Books slip through cheap.
        Regards Martin

Comment

I'm just overwhelmed at how many tinnies there are!!!! We'll never even have a small percentage run through our hands once you start adding 12,000 + WHW and the others that aren't in the book I have By the way have you ever used this book?

Nazi Para-Military Organizations and Their Badges by Ray Cowdery

Let me know if it is a good reference. You can look through the table of contents and it looks interesting.

Comment

The Cowdery book is a reference that has little more value than to be able to see that a tinnie existed. The book is primarily pages of photographed tinnies without description. I did buy it as a reference as there are some tinnies pictured in there that I have not found in other publications.
            Richard V

Comment

Cowdery Top Class

Hello, yes Ray Cowdery's Book Para Miltary Badges of the Third reich is excellent and profusely illustrated. I have the original hardback first edition. The last time I put one on ebay via auction it made £84 the good news is it has been re published and can be bought for far. far less than my last edition made. Richard I just noticed your post and wished to add this comment. Ray's Book actually is packed with the facts to the back near the index, with sufficent information to work out everything you need to know regarding each tinnie, but yes you are correct that he does not individually describe in detail each Tinnie. Considering how long ago the Book was written it a classic of it's kind
              Regards Martin

Comment

Maybe we should stock up for when it goes out of print

Comment

Martin, even though I don't consider the Cowdery book as the best book on the market for tinnies these days, my library would not be without it. He has lots of info in it and tons of tinnies pictured. As I stated, I've found some in there that didn't seem to appear in any other publication. His pictures are also excellent. A perfect volume would contain photos along the quality of Cowdery and descriptions along the lines of the Manion's books. Unfortunatly with the number of tinnies out there, to be complete any reference would look like a set of encyclopedias!
                  Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X