Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raymond Griffiths View Post
    Some great examples there.

I bet if I spent the next two years just looking at tinnies, I would still not see them all.

Thanks for sharing these with us. It is much appreciated for members to share what is in their collection.

Raymond

Raymond is spot on there! There are just too many, and thats what it makes it a great attractive collecting field.

KC1, Thank you for showing the collection!! Lovely stuff.

Originally posted by Chris Lee View Post
    pm sent

Chris...he's always in the search to find new tinnies for his collection

Comment

You have some rare ones here. Especially the first 4 or 5 you posted. Now just wait for the PM messages from interested parties. Thanks for Showing!

Comment

Interesting to note that the N in the Bavarian pin is printed backwards.
        Richard V

Comment

Thanks to all who provided comments on this selection of tinnies and pins. I am still finding more as I rummage through the footlockers and will post as they surface.

Richard - very observant on recognizing the "N" being backwards on the Bavarian stick pin. I am assuming this to be an anomaly?

Comment

I'm curious about the tinnie on page 2 posting 17

Can someone tell what this tinnie is it looks like SA tinnie.I can buy the same one and what should the price for such a tinnie be??

Comment

Updated

Hello All,

It has been a long while since I last updated in this forum as my collecting interests changed to other areas. However, I recently went through my boxes and decided to show the Tinnie collection I put together over 10 years ago. Most are captured in the next 6 photos.

Hope you enjoy and if there are any specific shots of a tinnie you would like please ask and I will post.

Cheers to a wonderful 2020.
              Attached Files

Comment

In a word, Dan: WOW!!

What a great collection; thanks so much for sharing it with us! Overwhelming!!

Br. James

Comment

Beautiful, well displayed collection KC1!

I've collected TR stuff for a long time and did pick up a few tinnies along the way but I've been paying more attention lately as some are extremely nice & well designed. Great collection with a lot of nice ones but my favorite one is the coloured one in the lower right hand corner of the second frame (eagle with shield & horned helmet)

Great stuff!

JC

Comment

Thank you Br James. As stated, it has been 8-10 years since I last purchased a Tinnie but they are such beautiful pieces of architectured metal that pleases the eye.

Thanks Jean-Claude, I believe you are referencing this nicely painted tinnie representing the District Rally of 1936 in Blankenburg at the base of the Harz mountains. Here is nice photo of the tinnie.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice collection. I think tinnies offer a wonderful way to get into collecting without breaking the bank. Although some of the more scarce ones can get very expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by KC1 View Post

Thanks Jean-Claude, I believe you are referencing this nicely painted tinnie representing the District Rally of 1936 in Blankenburg at the base of the Harz mountains. Here is nice photo of the tinnie.
                        Thanks for the additional picts KC1. I love the ones with nice eagles and this is a beauty (small or large) I'll keep the picts as a reference to try find another one like it

Thanks again

JC

Comment

Great collection ! Wow ! Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X