Unusual Breast Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Breast Eagle

I was wondering if anyone knew what this eagle is for and what the value would be.

Thanks
    Kenneth
    Attached Files

Looks like a veterans association...but I dont know anything about originality of the item or value.

Regards,
    Chris G.

Comment

Hi

That's what I thought too but it's gold so is it for a High ranking offical?

Kenneth

Comment

Hi

So I found out what it is exactly. Here's what I found on Craif Gottlieb's site:

Naval Veteran League Breast Eagle:
        A bevo woven breast eagle for a member of the Naval arm of the Veteran's League. The breast eagles usually seen are the aluminum pinback versions for the standard Veteran's League. Less common are the Naval Veteran's eagles, and the flat metal woven type is extremely scarce. This is a beautiful example, with no damage and only some tarnish to the metal wire. The spreadwinged eagle displays crossed swords, an Iron Cross, wreath and swastika, and an anchor. The eagle is factory sewn to a black or blue black wool backing. Extremely tough to find.

The bad part was that he didn't have a price because I found it in the archive section. So if someone could give me a ballpark figure that would be great!!!

Thanks
        Kenneth

Comment

Kenneth,

I have a metal version of the Gold Reichs Marinekriegerbund Eagle & was cluelessly bouncing around trying to learn some background. Were you able to find more data? Like you, I would like to ascertain an approximate value on mine

Even googling it only came up with Craig's archive that you found. I'm wondering how rare these are.

Rick C.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is a set of four different configurations.

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X