volkswagenmedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

volkswagenmedal?

does anyone knows what this was for and why it was issued?
    greetings George

I'm not certain what the circumstances were for the pin to be issued - but the Volkswagen (Folk's wagon) was billed as the people's car. It was economical and could keep up with most other cars that were much more expensive, putting car ownership into many more hands who would otherwise not be able to afford them.

There are a few pins or medals that involve Volkswagen I think. I know that the VW logo traces back to the logo of the hackencreuz placed inside of a cog-circle. I am guessing that maybe it was given to factory workers who helped either engineer or otherwise produce the 'people's car' ? I am totally not sure on that though - but I do know that VW has a history with the Third Reich. I'll see if I can find anything later on it.
    -Jen

Comment

Hi George & Jens, I have a feeling that you will find this is a fantasy item. The centre of the badge featuring the VW is taken from another badge and then mounted on a starburst.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi

The central part of the badge seems to be based on the commemmorative tinnie for the launch of the VW.

I would also think that this is a fantasy item

Raymond

Comment

Sorry - cheap fantasy item, probably out of Poland (if it has screw back attachment).

Comment

They also come on matchbook cases, total fantasy and usually made from lead. Avoid this stuff like the plague.
            Iam Uncle Sam
            That’s who Iam
            Been hiding out
            In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Griffiths View Post
              Hi

The central part of the badge seems to be based on the commemmorative tinnie for the launch of the VW.

I would also think that this is a fantasy item

Raymond
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TerryG View Post
                Terry, is the one that you are showing a confirmed original? There has been some discussion and confusion on this forum in the past about what an original actually looked like because of the huge variation of fakes out there .... I still do not know what an original actually looks like ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Originally posted by torstenbel View Post
                  Terry, is the one that you are showing a confirmed original? There has been some discussion and confusion on this forum in the past about what an original actually looked like because of the huge variation of fakes out there .... I still do not know what an original actually looks like ... Cheers, Torsten.
                  No idea on this Torsten. From memory it is made of light metal and is not in the best of condition. I could not imagine that these would be faked but then again....It is currently locked up with the rest of my collection so I cannot get easy access to it. This is the only pic I have of the back.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TerryG View Post
                    No idea on this Torsten. From memory it is made of light metal and is not in the best of condition. I could not imagine that these would be faked but then again....It is currently locked up with the rest of my collection so I cannot get easy access to it. This is the only pic I have of the back.
                    Terry, these are faked a lot. There have been numerous threads on this on the forum. This is one of them: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=volkswagen

I have been looking to see a 100% confirmed original for a while, but I have only seen various versions of 100% confirmed fake or unconfirmed ones ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Thanks. Not very conclusive indeed.

Comment

I remember fakes from my old "WWII Inc." catalog in the 1970s, so they've been around 30 years or more.

Comment

Hi

I have the same badge as Terry, and I have no idea if it is original or not.

I like it, even if it is a fantasy item, as it is pretty cool.

Raymond

Comment

You could compare it with the badge shown at:

http://www.mynetcologne.de/~nc-bagin...iternadel2.jpg

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                              You could compare it with the badge shown at:

http://www.mynetcologne.de/~nc-bagin...iternadel2.jpg

Gerdan
                              Hi Gerdan, I get an error message when I use the link if you get to see the badge shown there, then could you please post the pics here? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X