original?please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

original?please help

hi,could someone tell me if this badge is original or a complete fake and if it is original for what was it issued,thank you Barney.
    Attached Files

reverse,thanks barney.
    Attached Files

Comment

Fake - SS Sharpshooter

Hello, sorry to say that in my opion it is a reproduction. The SS Schutze Tinnies have been on the market since the late seventies and although originals of this Badge exist, your example from my perspective is not one of them. Most of the copies were produced in Holland, although Poland is now the main Country churning out reproduction Tinnies. Original issues were for SS sharpshooting. Although technically worthless as a reproduction it would certainly fool many a collector. On the original the Die stamping is much crisper and the reverse is virtually a reverse mirror image of the Obverse, much sharper (fakes usually have a softer look) the pin assembly looks to me a later addition in an effort to deceive. Hope this information helps.
      Regards Martin

Comment

Reference Book - Manions - Tinnies Of The Third Reich

I have just located your Tinnie in one of my early German reference Books - Ron Manions - Tinnies of the Third Reich - Volume 2 it is picture on page 55 of the Book.
        Regards Martin

Comment

COLLECTOR'S GUIDE No 2 TINNIES OF THE THIRD REICH

from Ron Manion's Book - Volume Two
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Barney, please see this thread and then go to the link contained therein:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=216561

Personally I think they are all fantasy items.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

thanks guys for your help and interesting link,there's soooo much to learn but ill never give up,thanks barney.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
              X