Thoughts on EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on EK1

I got this from a long time member on another forum some time back. I have floated it out for possible sale/trades, and people tend to shun it because it is non magnetic and unmarked. It is well documented that genuine period peices were produced with non magnetic centers until being ordered not to do so, as well as being unmarked. Does anyone have any stats at just what percentage approx were non magnetic ?

Regards, Doug

Oops wrong forum, request bump to proper forum if possible.

Interesting EK1, if I had to say either way I would say original. However, I don't know for sure. You should of posted this under cross section. What is the black paint on the outeredge of the cross? if anyone thinks thisis fake please explain why.

is the catch missing?

Comment

Yes I know, I realized the mistake after I posted.

For the paint on the edges, its not uncommon to see this, from what I have seen on examples on many dealer sites, though it may look a bit more pronounced than usual with this high res pic.
      And yes indeed, the catch is long gone.

There is nothing shoddy about this peice, feels very solid and there are certainly no obvious flaws in workmanship which would point to being a fake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
      X