Croatian Jungvolk or Deutsche Jugend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croatian Jungvolk or Deutsche Jugend?

Hi, I've had this one for a while and the information I got at the time was that it was for affiliated HJ members among the Volksdeutsche in Croatia. Can anyone confirm this? I don't have any real worries about the badge's originality but this is based more on the badge construction and general 'feel' so I'm prepared to take a very disappointing smack in the mouth for supporting the fakers if it proves to be dodgy. It looks like it was used as a lapel pin on civilian clothing. I'd greatly appreciate any help guys.
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

another view
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I would agree with your link to Croatia based on what I've read in Littlejohn's books. I also think that HĆ¼sken lists it as so as well. I'm at work at the moment but can check when I get home if you want me to.

Cheers
        Don

Comment

That would be excellent Don. Many thanks!

Comment

Gary,

I've 3 references to this badge being Croatian.

1) Heering - HĆ¼sken, "Katalog der Abzeichen deutscher Organisationen 1871 - 1945", 4th printing 1997. Page 224 #F2 03a Mitgliedabzeichen, Deutsche Jugend der Volksgruppe in Kroatien (DJ).

2) David Littlejohn, "The Hitler Youth" printed 1988. Page 359 shows a hand drawn image of the emblem, but no description. He mentions a Jahrbuch for the Croation DJ, whether he gets his info from that is not clear.

3) David Littlejohn, "Foreign legions of the Third Reich" Vol 3, 2nd printing 1994. Page 239 shows a different hand drawn illustration from above (same design, just a different drawing). He states "The emblem of the D.J., for example, is simply the Hitler Youth badge with D.J. added".

Hope this helps
            Don

Comment

Ah excellent so the DJ stands for Deutsche Jugend. Thank you very much for taking the time to dig out that information Don. It''s greatly appreciated! Do you have a good feeling about the badge construction too?

Comment

That's a more difficult question. It's probably easier for me to say that it doesn't give me a bad feeling....... I've only seen 3 of these & each one had a different reverse!

Cheers
                Don

Comment

Yes, that's my feeling too Don. I'm happy with it but it would be really nice to see a few others. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

nice pin, havent seen one of those before.

Comment

Sorry,but I don't like this badge.
                      The front looks great,but the back and the needle
                      doesn't make me happy.
                      Regards Karl

Comment

Hi Karl.

Remember though that this badge is not RZM-made. It was made locally in Croatia (OsziƩk - Esseg) and not to the usual standard or configuration we see in official RZM-made items. I have only seen one other of these and even Don has only seen three so I think we need more badges to turn up before reaching any conclusive decision. In hand it feels and looks good and doesn't get any alarm bells ringing so I don't have any worries about it but it would be nice to see others of these turn up.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                        X