Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSFM Tinnies

Hi

I have been flicking through my copy of Jack Pia's 'SS Regalia' and have came across the image of an FM Sommerfest cloth 'tinnie' for want of a better word, and it reminded me to post it up for fellow forum members.

I have long since suspected that others exist, but none have come to light. Well, as far as I know. The organisation, in addition to regular monthly payments, had fund raising initiatives where donations could be made. Thus, it makes sense that they got a little reward to acknowlege their support.

Here is the image. I know that SSFM is not a subject area on everyone's minds, but it is interesting nonetheless and I know a couple of forum members would find it interesting -well possibly.

Raymond
    Attached Files

Indeed Raymond, I for one find it very interesting. Looks like it could have been to raise money specifically for the motor SS.

Thanks for posting it......

Cheers
    Don

Comment

Hi Don

Yes, you are quite correct, Don

If you check in the membership books, there are fundraising donation section for entries and I have some donation stamps for the local SS motor unit in one of my books.

I know there will be more, but firstly, not many would have been produced for local events, and then you have to add to that how many would have survived.

Raymond

Comment

Look at the date...........a week after the Night of the Long Knives.

I wonder what was the topic of conversation at THAT particular FM gathering?

Comment

Very interesting... thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X