Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZM Specifics?

Hello everyone,

Here's a question about the RZM markings on genuine party badges--I just mean the regular type, of course. I have heard different opinions about how the RZM letters should look. I've heard some say that authentic badges ALWAYS have an RZM mark with a line through the Z. I've heard others say that a line through the Z is actually not necessary for the badge to be original. Some have said that there were perfectly original badges made without this line through the Z. So, I was just wondering what most of you have to say about that particular detail in regards to a badge's authenticity. Should a party badge be immediately avoided, if it is missing that line? Or, could it stilll be good?

Thanks in advance to all who respond,

Chris

The RZM logo came in a variety of genuine forms:
    1. double circle, Z with cross
    2. double circle, Z without cross
    3. single circle, Z with cross
    4. single circle, Z without cross
    All are possible, and authenticity cannot be judged from this alone.

Comment

Stephen,

Thanks you so much! This answers a question I've had for some time, and I just now got around to asking it. That's actually just the answer I was looking for, since I have a regular party badge I've had for nearly 30 years now, without the cross or "line through the Z." It's always looked totally good to me, I just always wondered about that little detail.

Thanks again,

Chris

Comment

Here is a little visual aid all these are from authentic badges.
        Attached Files

Comment

The idea that these RZM marks were fake came from Robin Lumsden's original book "Detecting the Fakes". Robin has since said he was mistaken and more research has since come to light to change his mind. Still, lots of old copies of his book are out there so the idea persists.

I've tried to update what we know about the RZM and markings on metal in my book (below).

Comment

Stephen is the go to guy on the RZM. He wrote a great book which I own and refer to often.

Comment

James,

Also many thanks to you for the great RZM visuals! That is even more of what I was looking for. This forum is as good as having a great reference book on everything!

Stephen,

Also thanks again for the link to the information on your RZM book! That looks very interesting indeed!

Sincerely again,

Chris

Comment

The book "A Collector's Guide to the RZM Marks of the NSDAP" contains very good information, i am a prodly owner of one here in Brazil.

Comment

Originally posted by clevischi View Post
                  The book "A Collector's Guide to the RZM Marks of the NSDAP" contains very good information, i am a prodly owner of one here in Brazil.
                  Yes, I am thinking of buying a copy of that myself. Thanks for the recommendation!

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X