Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jos Feuss remark

Hi everyone,

This morning I found a nice picture of the ultra rare Goldenes Kreuz des Deutschen Ordens in an Andreas Thies catalogue. Has someone remarked that the central GPB -with typical Jos Feuss- wreath- has an even fond? This in contrast to the normal GBP’s made by this maker. If you compare the letters with the “Austrian” fakes they come closer to the style that’s used for there post war manufacturing. However their not a perfect match; there are small differences in the lettering when you use the Swastika as a reference point! Besides that this prestige award was produced well into to war period, much later than the GPB I geuss. I just wanted to point out that Joss Feuss made a new design -this time with very uniform lettering- for this rare award.

Regards, Theo

Remark: I have those catalogues from a fellow collector; their is not much I can buy from the things that they offer
    Freedom is not for Free

The Deutschen Orden uses a different die than the Fuess Gold Party Badge. The German Order was not made by Fuess - it was made by Wilhelm Deumer. The Fuess-like Gold Party Badge device in the center of the German Order is 19mm in size and not the 24mm of the standard small Gold Party Badge.

By the way, this is as good a chance as any to let everyone know I've changed my email address after many problems with my old account. I can now be reached at goldpartypin@gmail.com.

Comment

Many thanks Stephen. I learned something new Have you got this info from a reference work or so? Can't remember that I read that info anywhere before. Thanks

Regards, Theo
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

There was an excellent article written some 15-20 years ago about the German Order in addition to the standard reference books. Angolia has a few pages about it.

Looking again at Angolia, I see I was wrong about the exact size - the GPB center is smaller than the standard Fuess 24 mm badge, but it is 21.5 mm and not the 19 mm I said above.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Stephan.

Regards, Theo
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X