• Time
  • Show
Clear All

dated 1937

cheers
    Matt
    Attached Files

Comment

Also- although unrelated to this topic- interesting bit of info: using gold over 14K (585) for any jewelry work is forbidden. Makes sense to see all those 333 and 585 solid gold pieces!

cheers
      Matt
      Attached Files

Comment

badge or not

Another somewhat related info- according to Salzburger Landeszeitung special patrols existed (starting May 1940) that would go around checking paperwork of individuals wearing Party Badges to see if in fact they were allowed to be wearing them. Punishment for offenders- or phony natzees- one month in jail

cheers
        Matt
        Attached Files

Comment

Interesting info Matt. The same was true with the official re vetting of those wearing both the Blood Orders and Coburg Badges.

It seems that many were wearing top awards that they were not entitled to wear for self promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
            Interesting info Matt. The same was true with the official re vetting of those wearing both the Blood Orders and Coburg Badges.

It seems that many were wearing top awards that they were not entitled to wear for self promotion.
            Seeing how they dealt with anyone not authorized wearing simple party badge- what do you think the punishment was for anyone caught with a BO? Apprenticeship in Dachau perhaps?
            I bet they were more effective enforcing their own version of "Stolen Valor Act" but at least we know where the idea came from.

cheers
            Matt

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post

Your stated in post #22 that "... you can rule Josef Fueß as a "maker" of any item out after February 1935 straight away. He dropped out of the party and stopped working for and with them around this time..... But what is sure, is that he never "made" them, and after February 1935 he never made anything else for the NSDAP." In counter to your statement, I offered as evidence the letter from Hitler's Kanzlei from April 1937 that Fuess remained in business after he gave his interview in 1935 and that GPBs were procured from his firm.
              I wrote procured, not made, as I am unsure of the use of subcontractors and assemblers in the final assembly and distribution of GPBs. You can interpret the letter I described as you see fit, but I conclude that it fairly establishes my point.
              I see the conversation has been a long time. But you said 6 pairs. But Fuess never made paired badges. How to understand these words - order 6 pairs?

Comment

Originally posted by Freejack View Post

I see the conversation has been a long time. But you said 6 pairs. But Fuess never made paired badges. How to understand these words - order 6 pairs?
                Read my post closely. I wrote that a request was made to procure the 6 pair of badges from Fuess. I did not write that Fuess "made" the 6 pair of badges. He was a jeweler and 6 pair were requested of him. How he put them together we do not know. The statement was made to show that Fuess was still in business after February 1935.

Comment

I have long assumed that any request/order for additional or replacement GPBs had to be conducted through the GPB Honor Badge Commission -- Der Ehrenzeichenskommission -- at the NSDAP Treasurer's Office...that it was not possible to order such badges directly through Fuess or through Deschler. Am I mistaken?

Many thanks, friends,

Br. James

Comment

Br. James, I think a requesr from Hitler’s Kanslei would have superceded standard protocol. We don’t know what happened as a result of the letter and the statement was only offered earlier in this thread as evidence to refute the contention made by the Rivett when he used the name Jos. Fuess on this Forum that the Fuess firm had withdrawn from any business relationship with the NSDAP after Feb 1935.

Comment

Thanks, Joe. So if I understand you correctly, you're saying that orders for sets of GPBs were placed by Hitler's Kanzlei (and also by the GPB Commission?) directly to the Josef Fuess jewelry shop, and from there, Fuess or his staff would contact the manufacturers of those badges and place orders for those numbered or AH Honorary badges?

Just trying to get a handle on how the internal process functioned! Thanks so much for your patience and your courtesy.

Br. James

Comment

Brother James, I made no statement as to any process of securing the sets of GPBs. Read this thread from the beginning. Rivett found an interview of Fuess by the NSDAP and made the assumption that he was in trouble and severed ties with the NSDAP. I found in the NARA a document from Hitler's Kanzlei stating that an order for six set of badges for his other uniforms was made by Frau Winter to the Fuess firm in April 1937. That is all. But it shows that Fuess was still in business in 1937 and dealing with the NSDAP. That is all I wrote.

Comment

Apologies, Joe, if I misunderstood your meaning or if I read into your note something that you weren't inferring. I'm trying to get a handle on the process used by the NSDAP when it ordered new badges -- either singles or matched sets, in response to either new applications or reports of lost/stolen badges.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X