Best Side Forward: A Forestry Foto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Side Forward: A Forestry Foto

Could THIS be the guy in the Association Members Only Forum, "Ricky's Believe It Or Not Odditorium" thread?
    Attached Files

Some time ago a friend had one of these hats with, coincidentally, a Hessian colors cockade on the left side. I thought that was odd, but no indeed...

just like here... and the buttons are the Hessian lion.
    Attached Files

Comment

I've squinted at this until I'm cross-eyed but can't decide if the lion is juggling a swastika. While it might represent the wrong slice of time, the Assmann catalog pictured a whole page of "Forst-Knöpfe", and there wasn't one for Hessen. Lion without swastika was for "Bayern", with swastika was "Thüringen".

Comment

Well Rick, I just have to say that I really like this photo! This is a outstanding picture-When I was in Germany last year--on Wed. evenings, the hunting group would get together in the forest at thier cabin and play their horns. We were sitting outside drinking a beer, listening to the horns in the distance and enjoyed a tradition that has not died with the ages! Mike
        Last edited by Mike Dunn; 06-03-2003, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Wups!

You're right... I took the shine above the paw for the swastika block, ignoring the telltale "shorts" on the legs and the double tail. Bavarian it is indeed, sir!

Don't strain that hard-- this is about the Jimmy Durante schnozola.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X