help to identify badge with horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help to identify badge with horse

firstly sorry carn't post pic as it won't allow me although i have paid my subs.

the badge is about 2.5 cm high 2 cm wide.the picture is in white showing a horse to center standing on banner with "fur verdienste" below that target with crossed rifles,horse and target surrounded by ovel in white with gold writing "deutscher schutzen - verband ." at the top half of the oval the bottom part of the oval has " gau niedersachsen" surrounding the oval is a gold wreath with a white swaztica in gold at the bottom of the wreath.at the back makers mark"e schmidhaussler pforzheim"
    the horse is edged in gold colour as well.the gold and badge are in mint condition apart from the pin is bust!!!!
    i think its connected to hannover germany due to the horse and the wording niedersachsen.
    any ideas greatly recieved.

chirs, Is this the badge you have if so I believe it's for a German guard unit in the Gau Lower Saxony
    Attached Files

Comment

Gau Niedersachsen schutzabzeichen

Chris, I've pm'd you. If you want the image posted then e-mail it to me, as I think this is worth seeing in colour.

Comment

yes thats the badge.the pin is broken at the back but otherwise mint in every repect.has this been subject to fraud copies? any idea of value

Comment

I don't think it's for a Guard Unit; I believe it's a marksmanship badge for loyal service to the German Shooting Association/Club. It sounds like a really nice looking badge, I'd love to see a color picture of it.

Comment

its a honor badge "for archievements" for the Gau Niedersachsen department (notice the horse) of the german sportshooting association.

Gruß,
            KSM

Comment

Image 1

Posted for Chris. I haven't got a clue as to what the item on the left is, but the one on the right is a black Wound Badge.

Comment

Image 2

The badge on the left is a WHW (Winter Relief) tinnie, but as for the other two?

Comment

Image 3

The item on the left is a day badge (Tag der Arbeit), the ribbon is off a 25 year Police long service cross, and the other is some sort of party loyalty pin.

Comment

Image 4

The adler is for wear on a summer tunic, and the other item is an Ostfront medal - for service in Russia. A tip, try to save images as JPGs and not bitmaps.

Comment

Chris, In the first pic Tony posted for you the #1 item is the 1933 City of TRIER day badge it features the medieval "Iron Shirt" or armor of Trier motif on the maltese cross, in your 2nd pic. the plastic flag is 1 of many in a set of wehrmacht flags sold by the WHW to raise money the 2nd item is 1 in a set of 10 pins depecting the swastika in ancient times, as to item 3 IM with Tony here I haven't a clue to what it is. in your 3rd pic. the enamel pin is a D.V.G. Westmark (Lothr.) Badge of the Federation of German Ethnic Groups Westmark, (Alsace-Lorraine).

Comment

Gau Niedersachsen Badge

Posted for Matt:

Comment

That is one truly beautiful badge!!

Comment

hi Chris,
                            the ILVA badge in your second picture could be Italian. ILVA was a major metal-producing Italian company, active during WW1 and WW2.

Comment

Posting

Chris-

We are looking into why you cannot post... be patient, you'll get taken care of. Thanks.

Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X