Nuremberg Badge in Silver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
    This one sold at auction today, unfortunately not to me. Hope the pictures post !
    And now available for purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
      And now available for purchase.
      Yes, and sad.

Comment

It took a collector in Germany 20 years to score this piece.

Comment

Ab here are the pictures from THIS thread.

Comment

This one is now available.

Comment

Helmut Weitze has this one up for sale (hope the pictures post):

Comment

Don Scowen sent me a photo of a Prussian Fire Service badge which made me realise that the pins on these are the same as on my Silver badge. Both have the same scrape mark on the top of the pin and both pins are 35mm in length.

There is therefore a good possibility that this type of silver badge was made by the Preussische Staatsmuenze Berlin.

Stan
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  Don Scowen sent me a photo of a Prussian Fire Service badge which made me realise that the pins on these are the same as on my Silver badge. Both have the same scrape mark on the top of the pin and both pins are 35mm in length.

There is therefore a good possibility that this type of silver badge was made by the Preussische Staatsmuenze Berlin.

Stan

Very interesting observation, Stan. Thank you !

Comment

I would say that the badges with this pin back are resoldered because the only 2 which I got had the same needle system as the normal ones !

Comment

With military badges at least, some manufacturers purchased their findings (pins, hinges, catches) from 3rd parties rather than producing them in house. Assumably the same would apply for some makers of political badges as well.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

"With military badges at least, some manufacturers purchased their findings (pins, hinges, catches) from 3rd parties rather than producing them in house."

A very good observation, Erich; one that I believe still exists in the jewelry trade today. It just makes good sense to purchase someone else's findings rather than to go to the trouble of manufacturing them yourself. Wholesale findings usually sell for very cheap, but it takes time and effort to create them.

Br. James

Comment

That is absolutely correct Erich but the fact that this exact style of hardware has so far only been found on the above-mentioned two awards suggests that the Preussische Staatsmuenze Berlin could have been the maker.

Not 100% evidence but in our hobby, the style of pin is usually a link to the company which made them.

Stan
                          Last edited by Stan; 02-09-2020, 04:31 AM.

Comment

And further supporting evidence is the fact that they were both produced in 1933.

Stan

Comment

The 2 badges in silver show scratches which are perhaps due to cleaning for re-soldering them. If I am right, I never saw a brass one with this type of needle system (only repaired ones) and these were the later official honour badges ! The silver ones where given to honour guests who visited the party meeting in 1933.

Comment

Well they certainly have been filed and as you say, this could have been to remove any residue solder. The flat pins would have needed a flat surface.

Stan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X