Unknown Deutschejagerschaft medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Deutschejagerschaft medals

I just picked these up. The silver one feels like it's made of aluminum and on the back has a vertical pin with "GES.GESCH." at the top. The brass one is VERY heavy and quality (and early... 1933) and is made by "DESSHLER, MUNCHEN." Can anybody tell me what they are for and what they are worth? Thanks! Mike
    Attached Files

Tinnies

PM sent

Comment

The bronze one is still unknown...

Comment

tinnies

Another PM sent

Comment

Hello Mike, both of these are badges of the German hunting Association (Deutsche Jagerschaft) the one to the right been the rarer of the two. The Ges. gesch is abbreviation for gesetzlich geschutzt which translates to protected by law. Certianly they would be classed as tinnies. The maker on the secound badge should actually read as Deschler & sohne, munchen. You can find them in the reference book Nazi Para-Military Organizations and their Badges by Ray Cowdrey. please refer to the image below I have taken from the book (page 88). This an an excellent book on Tinnies and in my opinion still the best available book on the market for tinnies. Although a first edition as this is, is rare to find. as regards to value the first one normally sells around £25 to £40 and the secound one around £40 to £50 certainly I believe that to be top end market prices. hope this information helps.
          Martin
          Attached Files

Comment

The brass badge is very nice worth £100 all day the silver one is i think
            wrong is the swastika green? Originals are a dull matt finish these have
            been about a long time i know i bought one years ago they are well
            made
            Regards
            Mametz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X