NSDAP Pin Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Pin Question....

Gents, Is this a legitimate design for a WW2 party pin?......Back is marked W. Redo and Saarlautern......No RZM mark......This website is asking $95 but I know where there's one for $20......But am only interested as long as item is legitimately a pre-1945 produced item......Any help/opinions greatly appreciated.....Bodes

NSDAP Pin

It's not a party pin - its a pin worn by supporters of the movement to "return the Westmark (Lothringen)" area to the Reich. The DVG is the Bund Deutscher Volksgenossen (Federation of Ethnic Germans).

Lots of fakes of these badges. We'd have to see the reverse to say if it is good, but the front looks OK.

As for price, I'd say $95 is a little high and $20 is too low, and I'd worry it could be a fake at that price.

UPDATE --

I just fished around and found the reverse here: http://www.svmilitaria.com/images/30729b.jpg
    J.R. Cone says beware this maker name when it is tall and thin, but says that most that have the "SAARLAUTERN" name are good, so that gives it one plus and one minus.

Comment

Thanks Stephen, So would the one posted be an original or a fake? ......I guess I cannot judge as to whether/not the letters are tall and thin..... Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
        Thanks Stephen, So would the one posted be an original or a fake? ......I guess I cannot judge as to whether/not the letters are tall and thin..... Bodes
        The letters are tall and thin in this one, but the rest checks out. I would go out on a limb and say I like it (Cone isn't right about everything in his book).

Maybe someone else will weigh in. You can also search the Forum for other "DVG" badges - I'm sure it's been discussed.

Comment

Here's what the "fat" letters look like:
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=DVG

Comment

Thanks Stephen, I will take the information I've obtained here and look again at the one for $20.....It's in a nearby antique shop.......Been there for quite some time.......Perhaps a diamond in the rough?.......Bodes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X