Blue Swastika pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Swastika pin

This Blue swastika pin was in a vet souvenir group with also a lot of tinnies and 1 regular party pin (and an original Zimmerman <metal> SS visor cap eagle!). Its 100% original but what (sub)organization is this? Thanks Nick
    Attached Files

Not third Reich but Finnish IMO.
    Then again I thought the Finnish swaz to be straight and not on an angle.

Was he a member of the American 45th Infantry Division ?
    They used a swastika as a symbol too.

So either Finnish or 45th ?

Am curious too now

Cheers

Mark

Comment

May we see the reverse please.

Cheers
      Don

Comment

Originally posted by MarkChrisFrank View Post
        Not third Reich but Finnish IMO.
        Then again I thought the Finnish swaz to be straight and not on an angle.

Was he a member of the American 45th Infantry Division ?
        They used a swastika as a symbol too.

So either Finnish or 45th ?

Am curious too now

Cheers

Mark
        No not from the Thunderbird Division vet (yellow swazi on red pre-war) I was actually hoping it was a Finnish airforce related pin as I pinned it on a Finnish airforce uniform...That's the back ground material you are seeing...a Finnish Summer tunic BUT its RZM marked... So German? or fake? All the other items from this vet obtained grouped are 100%...
        Last edited by NickG; 06-30-2007, 08:57 PM.

Comment

more pics!

Front
          Attached Files

Comment

back

back is RZM 41 marked... and the pin device swivels (here in the "up" position)...strange...
            Attached Files

Comment

in black

Here a twin of this pin from the same group but now in black
              Attached Files

Comment

back

Here's the back of the black one, identical markings... Again same strange safety pin, here in the hinged "down" position.... as it swivels... RZM 41 marked like the blue swazi one...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NickG; 07-01-2007, 12:30 AM.

Comment

RZM excludes Finnish now doesnt it.
                  Maybe some early nazi party support pins ?

Mark

Comment

It's only an opinion, but I feel these are more than likley post war... Can't really say why but things like the RZM being stamped in (at least it looks like it in the photos), the swivling pin, plus a few other points worry me.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Cheers
                    Don

Comment

in my book they are both fake's look at the rzm mark these mark's with dubbel circel need a center stripe on the z these badge's dont have a stripe fake i say

Comment

in my book they are both fake's look at the rzm mark these mark's with dubbel circel need a center stripe on the z these badge's dont have a stripe fake i say

Comment

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post
                          It's only an opinion, but I feel these are more than likley post war... Can't really say why but things like the RZM being stamped in (at least it looks like it in the photos), the swivling pin, plus a few other points worry me.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Cheers
                          Don
                          Don is hardly ever wrong, and he's right here. These are post-war fakes. They used to be available through a company called WWII Inc. for about $3 each. The fake RZM mark and swivel pin is a give away, plus they are usually a chrome / nickel finish.

The comment about acceptable RZM marks is not right, if I understand it. Single and double circle logos are acceptable, as well as the Z with and without the cross stroke. All are possible period. Robin Lumsden's early book "Detecting the Fakes" has it wrong, and he and I have written back and forth and he now believes his statement in that book was wrong.

The RZM logo displayed on these badges is what is called the "canted M", which also indicates a fake.

Comment

Thanks Guys! I had my suspicions about these eventhough these came in a so-called "vet lot"... with some real nice items like a party flag, NSDAP collar tabs, Assman marked LW cap eagle, Zimmerman RZM SS cap eagle, standard enameled NSDAP party pin, KVK medal and some patches... So no loss really!Like the saying goes; believe in the piece not the story!
                            Nick

Comment

Don and Stephen are correct on this...this is a widely circulated fake pin...
                              mike

Originally posted by sjl View Post
                              Don is hardly ever wrong, and he's right here. These are post-war fakes. They used to be available through a company called WWII Inc. for about $3 each. The fake RZM mark and swivel pin is a give away, plus they are usually a chrome / nickel finish.

The comment about acceptable RZM marks is not right, if I understand it. Single and double circle logos are acceptable, as well as the Z with and without the cross stroke. All are possible period. Robin Lumsden's early book "Detecting the Fakes" has it wrong, and he and I have written back and forth and he now believes his statement in that book was wrong.

The RZM logo displayed on these badges is what is called the "canted M", which also indicates a fake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X