David Hiorth

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitler's party badge emerges in Chicago!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JIMP10X View Post
    I thought Hitlers party number was 7 not 1??
    Hitler was No. 1. Have a look at the commentary on my website below.

By the way, any neo-Nazi I've met has been poor and dumb as dirt and likely to remain so.

Comment

Mike, be sure to ask your buddy for some specifics of this father's unit. I would like to know the unit to which that armored column belonged when it rolled (uphill?) into the eagle's nest at the end? The specific units that reach the ruins of Hitler's mountain chalet and the other buildings in the compound are detailed in some accounts.

Comment

neo-nazi...

Agree, most likely, "on demand". But why they say by "Neo-Nazi"?

Thats the same reason the liberal media calls a single shot .22 an assault rifle!!

Comment

Joe -

I will ABSOLUTELY get all the background details. I guess there is a photo album of his time in Europe with the 3rd army, and I think he said a German flag signed by Patton and other division top dogs. In any case, I'll find out all there is to know.

BIG QUESTION!

If this is real, and he wants me to help him sell it... how do I do it? I think this is too big for the e-stand! ;-) I will advise him to stay away from anything public (like Southeby's) because the last thing anybody needs is the liberal media, or a Jewish group on your door protesting you for making "blood money" off a Hitler item. Manion's is out, and I wouldn't want to mail it anyplace like the collector's guild. I think an auction is best, but if it was on ebay it would have to be a secret auction that only big collectors knew about. We could call it "schickelgruber's tie tack" or something.

Any other ideas??

MB

Comment

Mike, my comment was meant to intoduce a level of scepticism in the story of the father of your buddy's friend. Many times a good story lends considerable credibility to an item. If the story doesn't fly, why waste your time on the item?

The Third Army did not participate in the combat for and capture of Berchtesgaden and Hitler's summer house.

Comment

Joe -

I think everybody knows the 101st took the place and the 3rd Army rolled up after. I am already skeptical about the pin, but it was the most interesting thing that happened to me this week so I thought I'd chat with you guys about it.

Mike

Comment

I was always of the opinion that the French took
                the Eagles Nest a few days before the 101st.
                A vet still living in Towanda Pa.told me the. place was stripped
                with stuff lying all over.All he got was a piece off the marble
                fireplace!!!
                Seiler.

Comment

Originally posted by reenactorfest View Post
                  BIG QUESTION!

If this is real, and he wants me to help him sell it... how do I do it? I think this is too big for the e-stand! ;-) I will advise him to stay away from anything public (like Southeby's) because the last thing anybody needs is the liberal media, or a Jewish group on your door protesting you for making "blood money" off a Hitler item. Manion's is out, and I wouldn't want to mail it anyplace like the collector's guild. I think an auction is best, but if it was on ebay it would have to be a secret auction that only big collectors knew about. We could call it "schickelgruber's tie tack" or something.

Any other ideas??

MB
                  "To portion a skin of not killed bear" - Russian saying

Comment

I was in the 3rd Infantry Division and the 101st Airborne (post war) . BOTH of my units claimed to have taken the Eagles Nest in their unit histories.

Comment

.............after the French
                      Those French got to it first.

Comment

Mainly all troops from the French African Colonies.
                        They found Gorings Train in a blind tunnel full of his
                        appropriated/freed..Art.
                        This Vet told me the crates were smashed and paintings
                        lying all over torn out of their frames just lying there flapping in the breeze.
                        The buildings were gutted.All they had were the fireplace tiles which
                        Officers were digging off the walls with bayonets.....
                        Seiler

Comment

Mike, I don't know what everybody knows, but they are incorrect. Berchtesgaden was in the area of Seventh Army. Third Army was much farther to the north. Elements of Seventh Army captured Berchtesgaden and the Hitler mountain complex. The 101st was involved as were the French. Here is an interesting discussion of the capture.

<tt><tt>http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?act=Reg&...b40648101b2c0f

Troy, it appears the claims of 3 Inf. Div. and the 101sr have merit.

I still believe if the story is bad, a healty dose of scepticism is needed.
                          </tt></tt>

Comment

So, has it surfaced yet?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X