Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitler's party badge emerges in Chicago!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler's party badge emerges in Chicago!

Well... that actually remains to be seen! A buddy of mine who does not collect TR sent me a note this morning:

"I have a friend who has a PARTY PIN numbered 1 on the back, which came from Berchtesgarten at the end of the war. His father got it when they
    spearheaded the armored column which rolled into the eagles nest at the
    end. He thinks it may be Hitker's and would like to find out what
    it might be worth."

I told him I'd love to look at it, though it's doubtful in the extreme that the pin is what his friend hopes it is. Just for fun though, what would it be worth if it WAS Hitler's party pin? Think he had more than one made? I'd imagine so.

Thoughts???

Mike

$1 billion

Tom

Comment

Have you photos?
      mike

Comment

If I had photos, I'd post them!

The badge is in the guy's safety deposit box, and I have invited the owner to come over and let me have a look at it. We'll see what happens. I found an interesting site about this subject here:

http://www.geocities.com/goldpartypin/hitlerbadge.htm

MB

Comment

Actually, i believe the pin was stolen from a museum (i cant remember where this museum was, but i think it was in russia) last year.

Comment

Originally posted by reenactorfest View Post
            If I had photos, I'd post them!

The badge is in the guy's safety deposit box, and I have invited the owner to come over and let me have a look at it. We'll see what happens. I found an interesting site about this subject here:

MB
            That page has superb information, its from a member of this site, i cant remember who, but i know he has the link on his signature.

The thing about the stolen pin is here:

Comment

Hitler had many GPB's for his uniforms. Wolfe Hardin I know does own an original set with Party # 1. Would be interesting to see a pic of this one.

Comment

Thanks Santiago - that's my Gold Party Badge website. Glad you find it useful.

Hitler had several of all of his medals - it was a pain to have to move them every time he changed clothes. A Blood Order and Gold Party badge was "liberated" from Hitler's apartment in Munich and the Russian one that was stolen came from the bunker in Berlin (although not off Magda Goebbels' corpse as popularly believed). It was probably picked up in his apartment in the bunker or taken off a spare uniform in his closet. They put a value on it of a couple million dollars.

It's quite possible that he had a spare set at Berchtesgarten.

Or, there are good copies floating around - even solid gold ones. Have a look here:
                http://www.thirdreich.ca/museumcopies.php?section=nsdap

Love to see a photo when it emerges.

Comment

duplicate post
                  Last edited by sjl; 06-27-2007, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Everybody keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned! For a piece like this to come out of the woodwork in 2007 shows how much great stuff is still hiding in people's attics.

Fingers crossed....

Mike

Comment

Another example that shows that all TR-collectors are automatically considered as neo-Nazis just because they collect these artifacts:

Citation from this Russian article: "..theft, they believe, was commissioned by a wealthy collector, possibly a neo-Nazi".

Comment

They may have it partly right though, if it was stolen, it may have been "on demand", if not, it might just go to a very closeted, and extremely wealthy European collector..

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Kenwright View Post
                          They may have it partly right though, if it was stolen, it may have been "on demand", if not, it might just go to a very closeted, and extremely wealthy European collector..
                          Agree, most likely, "on demand". But why they say by "Neo-Nazi"?

Comment

I thought Hitlers party number was 7 not 1??

Comment

Originally posted by JIMP10X View Post
                              I thought Hitlers party number was 7 not 1??
                              Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhh ....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X