anyone know this Deschler pin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know this Deschler pin?

I quite like the look of this pin. The brown colour is very unusual. Would anyone know what this might be?? Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

made by Deschler
    Attached Files

Comment

Torsten,
      It was a pin given out at Oberammergau Bavaria in 1930 where they held the Passion Plays. Lots of Christian groups take religious tours to Oberammergau and I believe these pins to be commemorative pins from one of those tours. I don't know why we seem to see them from this year only, because I think that they are originals and not post 1945 repros. One day I'll take the time to look and see if they ran the Passion Plays all during the 1930s, or if they were shut down during the NSDAP era.
      Lyn

Comment

Lyn, thank you very much .. I would not have thought of the Passionsspiele in Oberammergau for this one ... just checked up a little and the Passionsspiele are only run every ten years and so, if there was one in 1930, then there should have been one in 1940. Not sure as yet if that did happen, but here is a little more background reading: http://www.oberammergau.de/ot/passion/geschichte.htm

Would you have some more pins like this? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

They are held every 10 years but it's not on the "zero" year of the decade but the fourth. The one for the 30's was held in 1934, Hitler attended & declared himself pleased with it. It was not performed in 1944.

Cheers
          Don

Comment

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post
            They are held every 10 years but it's not on the "zero" year of the decade but the fourth. The one for the 30's was held in 1934, Hitler attended & declared himself pleased with it. It was not performed in 1944.

Cheers
            Don
            I see...but the last one was in 2000 and the next one is in 2010.....

Don, do you think then that this pin is an Oberammergau pin or do you think it something else and if the 30's Passonsionsspiele were in 1934 then why does the pin say 1930 n it?? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

You are quite right, I didn't realise that because it wasn't performed in 1944, they re-started again in 1950 & have kept it on the 10th year since then. Previously in was on every 10th year following 1634, so Hilter attended one on it's 300th anniversary (33rd actual passion play year).

As to the pin it could just be a tourist pin meant to be sold in that year. I was there last year & they had pins with 2006 on them (not the same design though, just modern tourist tat).

Cheers
              Don

Comment

Hi Don, thank you for your reply ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Torsten/Don,
                  I would agree that these were likely tourist pins and that Christian tour groups were the likely targets. I, like you, haven't yet figured out why the only pins that are surfacing are dated 1930 and wonder if there was kind of special festival held that year?? The 2 pins I have are completely different in design, one like Torstens and the other of a different shape, but both Deschler marked. I'll send you a scan Torsten. Also, thx for clarifying the frequency of the Passion Plays, as I had yet to find the time to research them.
                  Lyn

Comment

Torsten,
                    I've misplaced your e-mail address. I believe that you should have mine, so send me a test message so that I can put yours in my address book.
                    Thx, Lyn

Comment

Hi Lyn, I have sent you an email ...

Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Just got these pics from Lyn. Clearly a pin of the same series and also made by Deschler...Cheers, Torsten.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by torstenbel View Post
                          Just got these pics from Lyn. Clearly a pin of the same series and also made by Deschler...Cheers, Torsten.
                          ...and the reverse.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X