HJ Membership Pin - M1/93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Membership Pin - M1/93

Hello everyone, I have been a reader of this forum for a long time but this is my first post.

I need some help authenticating a Hitler Youth membership pin that I picked up recently. It appears to be consistent with other RZM marked pins on the forum but I could not find one marked M1/93 to make a direct comparison.
    M1/93 does appear to be a known code however.

Anyway let me know what you think. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

Tough one. I dont like the swaz on it, definately not perfect. Its not even (The widths change from one thickness to a smaller thickness), and I dont think it is the angle of the photo. Look at the other ones in the pinned HJ thread. I wouldnt touch this badge, thats just me.

Cheers
      Brian

Comment

Thanks for your input Brian. I checked out the HJ pin thread again and I do see what you are talking about in regards to the swastika but the difference is only slight. I have posted a head on shot below if that helps. Does anyone else have an opinion?
        Attached Files

Comment

IMO the badge is original. I see similarities in the pin plate when you compare them with a Party pin made bij the same manufacturer. And the enamel looks perfect.

Regards, Theo
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Am I being too picky?

Comment

Originally posted by Wiegert View Post
              Am I being too picky?
              Wiegert, small variations do exist. when you put a few HJ-membership pins next to each other you can see a slight variaton in quality of the enamel and other things. The pictures are very large so every detail (or little fault) is blowed up equal. I think at one point of enlarging that even the Germans have their limit when it comes to their craftmanship. But you 're right about the swastika on the 3 picture; it's not perfect.

regards, Theo
              Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Well after seeing a decent amount of real badges with perfect swaztika's then seeing fakes with poopy ones this badge threw me a little. Miss prints or size differences such as this one I dont feel is common. Just a error on the side of caution I guess on my part. Sorry if I caused confusion.

Cheers
                Brian

Comment

I'm glad to hear that the pin is ok. Thank you both for your help.

Michael

Comment

Michael
                    Any time I can be of any help. Just wondering if you got the badge localy or from a dealer or auction type web site?

Cheers
                    Brian

Comment

I picked up the membership pin as well as a 10 yr NSDAP service medal at a local gun show last weekend. I paid $75 for both items so I think I did well. Check out the medal here and let me know what you think of it: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=226653

Comment

Good grab. You just start collecting?

Comment

Thanks, it is not often that you get such a good deal on this stuff. I've only been collecting for about 6 months. I wish I started sooner because it is such a great hobby.

Comment

I hear you on starting sooner. I had 3 items when I was much younger. Over the years they were lost and then about 4 years ago I started collecting WWI items. Then about a year ago I started getting into TR items and now its an addiction. God only knows what I could have by now if I seriously started collecting way back then, it would definately be alot bigger then what it is now.

Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X