Reiter Bronze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reiter Bronze

Sorry I didn't know where to put this badge.

Stupid qustion can any one give me any back ground on it.

Did they do it in silver and gold as well,is it really classed as Nazi although of the period.

I can only find one picture of it on an SS uniform,I bought it a month ago really because I love awards in boxes.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Hello Marcus,
    Some backround information for you: This was instituted by the German National Federationfor the Breeding and Testing of Thoroughbreds on April 9, 1930, to get the German people interested in horsemanship. After 1933, it was recognized as national award by the German government. It was designed by W. Heitinger of Berlin and typically measure 42mm wide x 52mm high. Awarded in all 3 grades, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. The Bronze (3rd class) was awarded for success in horse racing. The Silver (2nd class) was awarded for success at tournaments and shows. The Gold (1st class) was awarded for outstanding achievement in equestrian sports. All grades were awarded between the dates 1931 and 1942 in the following numbers: Bronze - 61,710
    Silver - 6,183
    Gold - 210
    I have attached a scan of all three classes from my collection.
    Hope this helps!
    ERIC

Comment

wow, thats really nice!! both of you..
      i really like the boxxed one with the miniature in it.. great pick up!!! greg k

Comment

Thanks Eric,

I couldn't find any thing in my humble little books can you recommend any books on the political awards(I'm after Angolia's vol 2).

And they look VERY nice Eric,that gold is a stunner!

Greg,you have 85 or so stick pins I'll give now

Thank for your help yet again,

Marcus

Comment

Hello Marcus,
          Angolias' Political and Civil Awards of the Third Reich is a very good general reference - I would put that one at the top of my list. I hope you can find one soon!
          ERIC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X