NSDAP 15 long service award opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP 15 long service award opinions please

This came walking into our local gun show today man looked at my table and asked if I bought German medals. What do you think of it? it is very heavy. and measures 4.3 cm across and is quite thick. It shows some wear around the edges, all enamel looks very good and is very deep looking, I have never handled one of these before but i can not get over how good this feels. ribbon is kind of dingy but it passes the black light test. No markings on the ring. what do you think? thank you frank v.
    Attached Files

back sorry about the glare at the top of the script and that is a light reflection on left by last word
    Attached Files

Comment

Quite thick and heavy
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks OK to me.

Comment

Thanks Rob, I am very glad to here that. A couple other collectors at the the gun show today thought so to. I got it from a gentleman who said his daughter found this medal in the home she recently moved into. He had this along with 4 Spanish American war pieces of his great uncles. I paid $200 for it all. I think that the sale of the other items will cover the cost of this entire group! I have searched these NSDAP long service medals on the E-stand and found one that sold for $375, is that what these are going for? This is definately a keeper and will be added to my collection It is a beauty! thanks again frank.

Comment

Originally posted by vitts View Post
            Thanks Rob, I am very glad to here that. A couple other collectors at the the gun show today thought so to. I got it from a gentleman who said his daughter found this medal in the home she recently moved into. He had this along with 4 Spanish American war pieces of his great uncles. I paid $200 for it all. I think that the sale of the other items will cover the cost of this entire group! I have searched these NSDAP long service medals on the E-stand and found one that sold for $375, is that what these are going for? This is definately a keeper and will be added to my collection It is a beauty! thanks again frank.
            Not knowing what the Spanish-American War pieces are (or are worth) I'd have to say you did very well. Dealers are asking anywhere between $400 and $600+ for Dienstauszeichnung in Silber, and this one would probably fetch $400 - $500 relatively easily in today's market. Just my .02

Great find. Congrats
            Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X