Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
    Thanks Rob.

Funnily enough, here's where I'll be tomorrow at this time.....................
    Sweet! I'll be there in June, again in August with the wife (she'll be shopping while I do my little hike down the Putsch march route) and then back again with her in September for Oktoberfest. I've never been able to manage to be there on 9 November I've read that in past years there has been a noticable increase in the amount of Politzie in the Odeonsplatz on that day, although I'm sure that as time passes, the only ones there on the 9th of November will be the history nuts like us

Enjoy your trip, Robin!
    Rob

Comment

No doubt Robin is in Munich for the HH sale
      All interesting points above, And yes patzwall has made mistakes. I have a first pattern medal with a second issue red linen doc for the 2nd patt Blutorden,matching numbers right out of the family and the name in pazwalls book does not correspond.
      1st or 2nd pattern these are mega important and rare and as such highly collectable. However not as saught after as high end combat awards,yet, just as well for me or I would have not been able to group together my collection.
      Rob, I still don't like that piece discussed, and personally the ones over 4000 are poor in finish compared to the earlier 2nd patts so I would rather save my money for the better ones.
      Robin, well you know I need one in that range :]

Comment

I agree with Robin on the importance of the 2nd pattern BO and not because i own one. A lot of those in the Putsch never spent anytime in jail or lost their jobs or was shot at by the Police on that day. You just had to be part of an organization that supported the cause on that day to qualify. To be awarded the 2nd BO you had to have spent time in jail or be wounded or die in the cause of the NSDAP. They were both important in NSDAP history IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
          I agree with Robin on the importance of the 2nd pattern BO and not because i own one. A lot of those in the Putsch never spent anytime in jail or lost their jobs or was shot at by the Police on that day. You just had to be part of an organization that supported the cause on that day to qualify. To be awarded the 2nd BO you had to have spent time in jail or be wounded or die in the cause of the NSDAP. They were both important in NSDAP history IMO.
          Well put. I am also not in the camp of collectors/historians who devalue the so called 2nd pattern Blutorden. You are right in saying these later winners often suffered greatly , in contrast some of the winners of 1-1500 might have just had a very minor role during the actual Putsch and some not involved at all but still qualified.

Comment

Hey Jon, My 4038 BO may be the exception to the poor finish rule, ha?

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
              Hey Jon, My 4038 BO may be the exception to the poor finish rule, ha?
              Erich, details are not as sharp and the # engraving different, but all the real high numbers have these characteristics,you are safe with it,but it's not one I'd buy out of choice.

Comment

Jon, Do you consider above 3600 in your opinion?

Comment

Erich, on a piece by piece basis.
                  Only I have seen 4 above 4000 and passed on them all.Like I said though, only personal preference.

Comment

Please do not misunderstand me. I do think the 2nd pattern Blood Order is an important award. I just think it should have been differentiated from the award for those who were on the march to putsch the Bavarian government.

There are many early kampfzeit period martyrs and those who suffered greatly for their staunch support of the NSDAP. They were surely entitled to be recognized for their sacrifices, but with a different order.

Bob Hritz
                    Attached Files
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

A nice Third Reich period Feldherrnhalle plaque.

Bob Hritz
                      Attached Files
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

How ever you look at it, To earn a BO it took great sacrifice by the member for the Party.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X