German/Swiss Enameled Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German/Swiss Enameled Pin

I picked this up from a friend last week,it was in a lot he bought at a house clean out.Has anyone ever seen this pin before?It is nicely marked Deschler u. Sohn Munchen on the reverse.Jay Parisi
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

i have seen this badge before , but can t remember where and when , nice piece but the early date concerns me

Comment

i have seen this badge before , but can t remember where and when , nice piece but the early date concerns me

Comment

I like it. The construction is correct for the period and so is the font of the makers mark. The NSDAP came into existance in 1933 and maintained a quiet, but active business relationship with the Swiss through 1945 so the 1934 date doesn't concern me.
          Lyn

Comment

Hi Jay,

the date 19 August 1934 was the day on which in Germany was held the

referendum to combine the two functions: Reichspräsiden and Reichskanzler .

After that referedum Hitler's official title was " Der Führer und Reichskanzler".

But I can not find any relation with Germany/Switzerland on this day, perhaps coincidence.

Gerdan

Comment

i have one exactly like it...
              i have no problem at all with it....got it from a very old collection

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X