Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medal bar with Danziger Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen 1. Stufe, Complete group... very rar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal bar with Danziger Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen 1. Stufe, Complete group... very rar

Dear forumites,

I'd like to introduce to you my newest purchase and stimulate a topic on such very rarely seen Long Service awards of the "freie Stadt Danzig". I didn't know if I posted on the correct forum group, but unfortunately I couldn't post it on the "General Awards group" due to unknown (to me) technical problems.

Here is the medal bar:

• Preussen, Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse 1914 (OEK 1909)
    • Hamburg, Hanseatenkreuz, 1915-1918 (OEK 688)
    • Hessen, Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen „Für Tapferkeit“ (OEK 884)
    • Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer mit Schwertern (OEK 3803/1), Hersteller Sch. & H. (Does anyone know what this maker mark stands for?)
    • Freie Stadt Danzig, Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen für 40 Jahre, 1. Stufe, 1938-1939 (OEK 3446)

Nimmergut doesn't give any details about the number of the awardees of the Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen, but I can only speculate that they were very few hundreds, since the time gap such medals were awarded, like the Polizei-DA of Danzig, lasted a mere 1-2 years (from 1938 until 1939).

Ciao,

Claudio
    Attached Files

This bar came with its Ordenlieferanten (dealer) box...
    Attached Files

Comment

Notice the high quality of the nicely polished edges of this cross and the heavy gilt.
      Attached Files

Comment

...but what I really liked and convinced me to buy this very neat bar were such interesting details:

- Same name of the dealer on the box and on the pin
        - the never seen before miniature device for the ribbon bar of the Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen!!!

Please feel free to comment this bars...

Ciao,

Claudio
        Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations Claudio, on a superb find.

A delight to see.

Thank you for sharing.

Best regards,
          Toby.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X