Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hj members badge

hi all
    bought this from a reputable site on the net a while ago as i didnt have one with this type of back but now ive learned a bit more i look at it and im not sure its good what are your thoughts
    stuart
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry Stu but it's a fake - dodgy mark, etc.

Similar example discussed previously in the following thread;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=bm1%2F122

Regards,
      Toby.

Comment

yeh thought as much will be contacting the seller straight away

Comment

Thanks for showing the buttonhole version. Would anyone know if there are any button hole deviced Membership pins that have been deemed authentic? I am curious as it would have been a wise thing to manufacture these with this device. I can only imagine how many of these little badges were lost by falling off. These were boys wearing these after all. B denotes a replacement badge if I recollect correctly. Maybe another member has the same maker with the standard pin attachment setup and you could compare the enamel work. Just a random first-impression thought. Robert

Comment

Well I just read the link and the 2 are diferent. Maybe we have a case of a fake of a fake! I am hoping to see an original buttonhole example. Robert

Comment

The "B" only applied to numbered badges, and was always shown on its own and larger than the RZM mark. Common HJ diamonds never were serial numbered - only RZM license number. The "BM" prefix for RZM marks is completely fantasy. Seems to only show up on HJ stuff, including simple member badges, gold honour badges as well as the gold with oakleaves badge.

Comment

I think the face of it is off abit as well. Look at the swaz, Its not crisp (Straight lined) like I have seen on originals. Neither is the silver around the swaz!! The front of the badge would have told me something was up.

What dealer did you get this from so I know to possibly not shop with that clown. I hope it wasnt Snyders!!!!

Cheers
                Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X