Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on Two Unusual Tinnies/Badges

Hello,

A friend and I are working out a trade deal on a number of tinnies, and two of the included pieces are pictured here. I had wondered about these and hoped someone could tell me a bit more than I have been able to learn. The first is a plastic tinnie that has aged to almost look like ivory. It shows several boys playing at war and each are dressed as members of the German armed forces. My question is this: Can anyone decipher the German script at the bottom? I always struggle with this font! Does it read Im ? Pommern, perhaps?
    Attached Files

Second item, second question

I would appreciate a translation on this item as well. I can't tell if it is an award, badge, or tinnie. The reverse is solid and marked "Ehren Nadel"...an "Honor Pin" for what? I hope perhaps a translation will shed some light to explain what this was given for. All opinions are greatly appreciated!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting Reverse

Ehrennadel fur Stadt Homburg Hmmm??
      Attached Files

Comment

My Sutterlin script isn't great, so no help on the first one, but the second one says roughly:

"Out of community desire (will) comes deeds (or reality)"

The back says it is an honour pin of the City of Hamburg.

Comment

Hello,

"Im Sandkasten" In the sandbox

It is not Hamburg, it is Homburg

Regards
          Uwe

Comment

My appreciation!

Thank you for the great help! Anyone have an idea as to why Homburg would issue an "honor pin"? Just another way of saying "thank you for your donation" perhaps?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X