N.Z. Frauenschaft and Deutsches Frauenwerk Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N.Z. Frauenschaft and Deutsches Frauenwerk Pins

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum...please let me know if I need to post elsewhere.

My wife's great uncle fought in WWII in both Italy and western Europe, and was stationed there for awhile after hostilities ceased. He was not a big "collector" of things, but my wife inherited these pins from his estate. We know, basically, about the Frauenschaft and Frauenwerk...but want to have your opinions on whether these are real.

TIA
    hunter20ga

The large Frauenschaft and Frauenwerk badges look good to me but the small Frauenschaft not so good.

Comment

Originally posted by jnoble View Post
      The large Frauenschaft and Frauenwerk badges look good to me but the small Frauenschaft not so good.
      James...by "not so good" do you mean condition or that the badge may be a fake?

Comment

dont have many of these
        Last edited by douglynn; 09-25-2007, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I agree the small one is odd, definitely bad. Could have been one of these badges turned out for sale to occupying troops we sometimes hear about...

Cheers
          Don

Comment

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post
            I agree the small one is odd, definitely bad. Could have been one of these badges turned out for sale to occupying troops we sometimes hear about...

Cheers
            Don
            Thank you for the opinion...if you could, please, what about the badge appears to be wrong?

Comment

Hunter,
              By not so good I did mean fake. I base this opinion on the quality of the fonts which is really bad even for one this size.

Comment

The quality of the work on the small badge should be as good as the work on the larger badge.

Look at the Swastika, it's not square with uneven lines. The letter "L" of the G,h & l in the middle runs into the edge, the other two letters are equally as crude. The wording across the top, although based on the style used on versions of this badge is far to bad to be an original I'd say.

cheers
                Don

Comment

Thanks, guys, that helps me understand what you are seeing that my inexperienced eyes miss.

Looks as though Photobucket doesn't like these images. Is there another hosting site anyone can recommend?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X