HJ Golden Honour Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Golden Honour Badge

I thought I would like to share some of the nice items I managed to pick up last weekend while I was in Germany.

Here is a well worn HJ golden honour badge.
    This badge was found in Germany during a house clearance.

KR
    Pascal
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting to see this one Pascal. I also have the honour badge (No 100) with those RZM 15 marks which was declared as a cast fake here on WAF but as no proof was forthcoming I decided to keep it and I have had no regrets. Very nice to see your latest find and pleasing also to see that you have no concerns about it.

Comment

Hi Xen,
        I am no expert on these badges but as I know where this badge comes from, I don't have any concerns about this badge what so ever.
        I have seen several items last weekend all coming from house clearances. The items I know something about where all 100% original.

Some of the items where for sale and I was lucky enough to bring some of these items back with me. I will post some more in the next few days.

KR
        Pascal

Comment

That's really good to hear Pascal. Well done on your new acquisitions, looking forward to seeing more!

Comment

Actually, very strange marks IMHO.

Comment

I have argued before that such marks would be consistent with the time in which these badges were instituted and made. 1935 marked the change to RZM but these badges were authorised for production before then so in my opinion it is eminently possible that strange (non-standard) markings like these are valid.

Once again, and more importantly, I can't understand why provenance is ignored purely because a particular item doesn't display the 'accepted' characteristics.

The learning experience should never stop IMO.

Comment

Xen, I don******180;t know anything about these marks. I just say that they are very strange, and personally I don******180;t like them.

Provenance in my experience is not a guarantee. I remember a thread opened by your self in this forum about a Gausieger 1944 badge. I had a identical badge with a supossed iron provenance and at the end it became a fake. This was the thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=175125

When somebody is selling a badge everything may be invented to get the dirty money, and I******180;m not telling that this is the case of Pascal******180;s badge.

A general rule for every collector must be: "Never trust in the story, trust only in the item you are selling".

Regards from Spain
                Gregorio

Comment

That's correct Gregorio, provenance is not a guarantee but it certainly should be at least grounds for a discussion. I agree wholeheartedly with your comments about dirty tricks incidentally.

Weitze has sold badges in the past with these markings (I discussed mine with him actually) and as far as I know Kai Winkler still has some for sale. They are out there and in my opinion need to be discussed. The problem I see is that too many people go for the accepted standard and simply disregard anything else (apart from the obvious fakes of course).

Comment

I fully agree with Gregorio “You don’t buy the story, you are buying the badge”.

There are no stories with this badge, the badge was found by a German friend who does house clearances. That’s his job. He then sells what is worth selling and sometimes he finds items of the Third Reich. End of story, that’s it.

During the time I’m collecting I have seen a lot of fakes and a lot of originals. I have a good feeling with this badge and personally don’t think it is a fake.

This badge is not for sale, I just wanted to show some of the items I brought back.

KR
                    Pascal

Comment

Here is the one from Winkler's site.
                      Attached Files

Comment

HJ Golden Honour Badge

Hello,

I have three golden HJ badges in my collection. I got all three of them directly from the former wearer of from their families.

Two of my badges are exactely the same as the one Pascal showed here, RZM and 15.

In my opinion those badges are 100% original. I would buy them in every case, no doubts for me.

Kind Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

Reverse
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ok Pascal, you have no story. Why allude to one then? You said you were completely happy and had no concerns about the badge. I assumed you had a particular reason for those statements.

Of course one buys the badge and not the story. The story is however still important because discussing it could help to bring new information to light. The fact that any badge not meeting the accepted 'norm' is instantly dismissed without being properly discussed is indicative of just how ridiculous collecting TR is.

I also believe these badges are good and have badge number 100 which should be quite valuable but you watch estand explode if I ever try to sell my badge there.

'Fake! Fake!'

'based on what exactly?'

'don't know but everyone says they are fakes'...

Ridiculous state of affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Max_Porter View Post
                              Hello,

I have three golden HJ badges in my collection. I got all three of them directly from the former wearer of from their families.

Two of my badges are exactely the same as the one Pascal showed here, RZM and 15.

In my opinion those badges are 100% original. I would buy them in every case, no doubts for me.

Kind Regards

Max_Porter
                              Thanks for your opinion Max.
                              I also have no problem what so ever with these badges.

KR
                              Pascal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X