HJ Honour badge in Gold with OL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Honour badge in Gold with OL

I found this badge on one of the auction sites.
    I would like to hear your opinion on this badge.
    No, I am not the buyer because I don’t think this badge is original.

First, I have never heard of the RZM code “BM 1/122”. I also believe that there were only 250 of these badges awarded, so number 424 looks a bit high.
    Also if real I would suspect to fetch a very high price and probably not being sold on an auction site.

Just my opinion but what do you think, do I miss a opportunity to buy a rare badge?

KR
    Pascal
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

You are right - it's a fake. There was no "BM" RZM prefix, and if you look, there are odd additions inside the M of the logo. For a badge that was often worn above the Gold Party Badge, the example shown is pretty rough looking.

Comment

Pascal,

'I don't understand the markings, but it does have the flaw which is evident in Dr. Doehle's book. I have not seen a fake with this flaw.

I have seen an entirely unmarked pin, exactly the same, on the obverse, with only a 2 digit serial number on the reverse.

There is a lack of information over the "BM" mark and many collectors believe it to be fantasy marking. I am not so sure.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

HJ Honour Badge with Oakleaves

I am very sceptical about this badge. The only one's I believe in are hallmarked "585" gold. See photo.

Stan
          Attached Files

Comment

If the 'B' denoted a second 'wearing' copy.......like the 'B' marked HJ proficiency badges, then the RZM mark would be M1/122.

Comment

I am cofident that this is a copy. Many problems. The piece Stan shows is classical, also there is the silver gilt form and believe this or not the rare zinc wear piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                If the 'B' denoted a second 'wearing' copy.......like the 'B' marked HJ proficiency badges, then the RZM mark would be M1/122.
                Robin is right - "B" on its own (and usually written large) on HJ badges denoted a wearer's copy, but it appeared instead of a serial number, not with one.

It appears the fakers got confused and added it to the RZM prefix "M", and then gilded the lily by putting on a serial number too.

There is no mention of a "BM" prefix in any of the RZM literature. Run fast and far from anything with this mark - usually fake HJ honour badges in gold with and without oakleaves.

Comment

Yes, I agree that this one is bad.
                  Ron Weinand
                  Weinand Militaria

Comment

Thank you all for your opinions .

I just returned from a show in Germany and for sale was the same badge.
                    The only difference was that it had a lower number., I think 242 if I remember correctly. Asking price €50.

KR
                    Pascal

Comment

The price would be a steel. A real one would cost £5000.00 + if you could find one.

Comment

Originally posted by WARLORD View Post
                        The price would be a steel. A real one would cost £5000.00 + if you could find one.
                        Hi Christopher,
                        The price of €50 in this case would be wasted money .

KR
                        Pascal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X