goering plaque at sos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goering plaque at sos

did anyone get to see this plaque at the SOS; dedicated from Goering to Gauleiter Florian? Looked legit to me and a real sweet piece.

Tony
    Attached Files

Tony,

I don't think Göring would have liked it to see two spelling mistakes on such a noble gift.

The town name is actually Düsseldorf - it is written twice without the ü on the plaque.

Comment

FrankS..thank you for your input. Interesting note on the spelling. Certainly wasn't a lack for umlauts :-)

the casing looked the part and had the right type of wear in the right places.

I don't recall the maker on the silver plaque.

I liked it but didn't buy it.

Tony

Comment

That was my thought as well--I don't remember who had this for sale, but I'd be surprised if umlauts don't grow over the 'u's in D******252;sseldorf before the next show!
        Also, it's odd that under G******246;ring's signature it reads 'Reichsj******228;germeister G******246;ring'--it would be more 'normal' to just say Reichsj******228;germeister under the signed G******246;ring.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

I´ve read the inscription several times and doesn´t understand it. It doesn´t make sense. Also, what ist the "Nationaljägertag"???

Comment

Hmm

Definitely not something I think is real. Besides everyhing said, the 1s are not what the Germans would use. They should have a hook on the top.

JAN

Comment

I had an item like this in my Luftwaffe collection some years ago -- before I knew better. Incredibly convincing. Mine was named to a well known Luftwaffe fighter pilot and even came in a leather case with the Reichsmarshall's batons on the front. It looked the age as well.

But I showed it to a German friend and he immediately pointed out grammatical errors - and remember, too, the "old" German had differences. So I concluded it was a well done fake and believe this one is, too.

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

more pix

Good insight provided by...as noted earlier it was very convincing. Here are some more pix, including some of the outside case, regrettably a little out of focus.

Tony
                Attached Files

Comment

outside 1
                  Attached Files

Comment

outside 2
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X