NSKK button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK button?

Greetings to all, it's been a while since I have visited (life as it is, had intervened for a while).
    I have recently dug up an item that was in my collection but got pushed to the side. It came with a M35 camo SS helmet (my avatar) that I purchased several years ago. The previous owner just tossed it in with a couple of other small items out of the kindness of his heart.
    It is very small, about 1/2 inch across. It appears to be a regular type button. The front is aluminum and bright silver in color. The back is steel with the "eye" appearing to be aluminum also. The front bears the emblem of the NSKK and I know it to be the 1st pattern of this design. It has the German eagle with pointed wings holding the swastika, upon the thick rimmed "steering wheel" with 8 spokes. (The 2nd pattern had the eagle with more square tapered wings and the thinner rimmed wheel with 6 spokes).
    The back is marked with the RZM logo and M5/8 with what appears to be a upper case A with a line through the middle of it. Part of this A is obscured by the attachment of the eye.
    I have seen the NSKK Driver's sleeve diamond but only with a machine woven aluminum wire design on it. Has any one seen one of these diamonds with this type of button attached? Or is it to a uniform or some other type of dress outfit? Any ideas? The button is in mint shape and very intricate for its size. Any help would be appreciated, best regards.
    Eric.
    Attached Files

NSKK button?

Side view, sorry it came out so blurry.
    Attached Files

Comment

NSKK button?

Another blurry shot of the back.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, this is a button for a NSKK-Feldmütze.
        Cheers

Comment

NSKK button?

Ah... that would explain the small size of this button. Thanks for the reply!
          Regards,
          Eric.

Comment

pic
            Attached Files
            Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
            - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

kepi

Here with pics of a kepi NSKK button
              Attached Files

Comment

back, maker M5/71 = oLc
                Attached Files

Comment

NSKK button?

Thanks strassburger for the pics. This really helps me put it into perspective. So it would appear that there were a couple of different attachment setups (i.e. button eyes and prongs) Very interesting. Was there any reason for the difference, or just two different designs?
                  Many thanks, I really appreciate it,
                  Eric.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X