NPEA Instructor's tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPEA Instructor's tunic

This unusual NPEA tunic was acquired several years ago from the estate of a veteran along with a double breasted Kreis level Bereichsleiter tunic.
    The tunic is late war construction without any lining. What is odd is the addition of the Kreis level political leaders tabs to the tunic. I have yet to encounter much definitive information on the uniforms of this obscure organization.
    Attached Files

Very nice Bob.

Cheers
    Don

Comment

should there be a party armband?
      is there evidence of one ever being there?

Comment

Originally posted by TxGauleiter View Post
        should there be a party armband?
        is there evidence of one ever being there?
        The change in N P E A uniform during the war deleted the wear of the armband in lieu of an arm eagle. In either case, this tunic shows no evidence of either having been on the tunic at one time. As I mentioned, this tunic came back after the war with a double breasted Kreisleitung Bereichsleiter"s double breasted tunic with the position of Kreisleiter. It is shown on page 50 of Jeff Clark's book. Late in the war era, political leaders often deleted the wear of the kampfbinde

Comment

I have to get out of the hat forum more often!! Wunderbar!
          Bob--I know Ron Weinand just published a book on the NPEA from a dagger perspective called waffenleite--have you contacted him regarding these NPEA variations?
          Lovely, and once again, thanks for posting!
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I have sent Ron pictures of the visor caps. I believe he saw the tunic when I bought it at the SOS a few years ago.
            Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X