NSDAP Badge Real or Fake????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Badge Real or Fake???? Opinions Please!!!
    Attached Files

Pic 2

Pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Wiegert..

i am going to say repro..bad o's (ovoid instead of round)
      bad hyphen on the l-s..hyphen should be more over the hinge of the l, the s closer

don't like the stamped in ges gesch

Comment

I have agree this one is a repro of an early pre RZM controlled badge 1924-34 so the stated mistakes would expected to be found in a real badge of that time. What kills it for me is both the stamped GES GESCH and the use of a lower case g in gesch.

Comment

Sorry - I'm going to disagree and say real. Although not stated, I suspect this is an early 3/4 size party badge (probably 21 or 18 mm in size), which makes all the difference in design variations.

Comment

NSDAP Badge

I believe this pin to be real, early pre RZM's varied, look at the wear to the front of the badge,this is extremely difficult to replicate.

Comment

pin

Originally posted by sjl View Post
              Sorry - I'm going to disagree and say real. Although not stated, I suspect this is an early 3/4 size party badge (probably 21 or 18 mm in size), which makes all the difference in design variations.

Comment

It is a 18mm mini for all concerned. Thanks for the input. Keep it coming please.

Score:
                3 people say good!!
                2 people say bad!!

Cheers
                Brian

Originally posted by sjl View Post

Comment

hmm.. yes, size makes all the difference (or so i have been told!)

Stephen, when we were in Latvia last year, they had scads of this type of badge, much the same wear,same early pre RZM quality mistakes,oversize catches etc..the wear on the sides was from rotary wheel buffing of a very thin veneer of enamel, apparantly then put in tumblers....

I did not buy one,though i should of ...but this job bears all the hallmarks of what can be found in Eastern Europe..

Comment

Hi,

I believe it to be real. I could be wrong but the pin plate and the pin just looks too good to be a fake.

John
                    Last edited by John C; 01-11-2007, 06:11 PM.

Comment

i agree that it is real....the smaller pins as Stephen mentions...have variations on markings...i think i have one like this as well...the copper base is also apparent and the wear as mentioned would be tough to replicate...pin plate pin enamel all look correct to me....
                      mike

Comment

I say this is a real pre RZM miniature, it shows age, it all looks correct to me,, stamped "Ges. Gesch." followed by a period at the end of each abbreviated word, even thou the "G" letter is not in caps on the word "gesch" of the badge.
                        I like it and if it was for sale I would buy it..

Comment

I missed out on it!! No longer available

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X