• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse.............
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Duzig
      Hello,
      I find these non portable awards,including plaques fascinating and quite varied. I have a number of these items including a lifesaving medallion(which I like better than the medals themselves), a few reichnarstand medallions, an honor prize medallion given for service to the fisheries with what looks like the gloucester fisherman on the front if anyone remembers those fishstick advertisements on tv.(anyone having any info on this medallion would be appreciated too). Just lately aquired a Nuremburg party day pewter plate.
      Another item I have which I find interesting is a plaque given for a womans tennis tournament which took place on the outbreak of war in 1939. Almost all of these non portable items are extremely artistic and I believe undervalued by collectors(not that Im complaining,more for us guys who do collect this type of stuff).
      Are there any books specifically dealing with these types of items?
      Happy collecting
      Duzig
      Hi Duzig,
      I share your sentiment. Yes, the table awards & plaques I feel have been undveralued for quite some time. Also, with regards to "artistry" there are quite a few magnificently designed pieces. The Reich during the 30's/40's put thousands of artists back to work specifically in order to design many of these pieces. I know of no books specifically dealing with these types of items but I seem to recall seeing a reference on badges which devoted a small section to it. Can't recall the publication I am sorry to say. Perhaps Reinhard Tieste is putting together one? Maybe some other forum members know of some?
      ............. John

Comment

Preisrichten 15 INF REGT

One of my first...........
        Attached Files

Comment

Reverse......
          Attached Files

Comment

Detail....Closer In......
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X