help to ID some pins and enamels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help to ID some pins and enamels

picked these up recently thought they looked good but what are they?
    Attached Files

help me id these pins please?
    Attached Files

Comment

few more
      Attached Files

Comment

backs
        Attached Files

Comment

last three east german red cross. not sure if for giving blood or being a red cross helper

Comment

Post 3
            GDR

Above and below:

Red Cross, nursing-service (Pflegedienst-Ehrenspange), (1966-1985)
            in silver (250 hours), Bartel 2218 a)
            in gold (500 hours) or bronce (125 hours), the back looks bronce, Bartel 2219 a)

Central:

Nationale Front, for patriotic benefits in silver (1968-1989), Bartel 3705 d)

Regards
            Uwe
            Last edited by speedytop; 01-02-2007, 06:18 AM.

Comment

indeed DDR Red Cross pins.

The picture on top is also post war period. They look like some tourist souvenirs. Lots of popular towns used to sell stickers or as seen here badges, at least the two shown on the bottom of the picture i would classify as those...

Comment

re the pic in post 1, the bottom two: On the left is a tourist/souvenir pin from post-1945 and on the right is a membership pin for a group of tourists/hikers probably from pre-1933, but certainly older...the top four in that pic are mixed of course and I think that they are mostly pre-1933, but post 1918. The one with the arrow I do not recognise, the next is a shipping line badge, then next is for the Deutscher Turnverein and the last I am not sure? Does it say DHV on it? Could you show a pic of it headon? Cheers, Torsten.

PS: Badges in pic 2 are of course all DDR and all has already been said about them that needs to be said.
                Last edited by torstenbel; 01-02-2007, 11:02 AM.

Comment

To add a bit to torstenbel's input and IMHO, the top row 2nd from the left in the first photo is for the "Deutscher Hochseesportverband Hansa" (DHH), or open sea sports club; the third one from the left on that row is a post 1919 patriotic tinnie or WHW type giveaway pin and the last is the "Deutscher Handlungsgehilfen-Verband" (DHV) which is generally interpreted as a Civil Service organization.
                  Lyn

Comment

Originally posted by Lyn Islaub View Post
                    To add a bit to torstenbel's input and IMHO, the top row 2nd from the left in the first photo is for the "Deutscher Hochseesportverband Hansa" (DHH), or open sea sports club; the third one from the left on that row is a post 1919 patriotic tinnie or WHW type giveaway pin and the last is the "Deutscher Handlungsgehilfen-Verband" (DHV) which is generally interpreted as a Civil Service organization.
                    Lyn
                    Hi Lyn, thank you for the additonal info... however, the third one from the left is not a WHW or give-away pin or anything like that...it is something to do with one of the National German Turnvereine (Gymnastics/Sports clubs), but I am not sure which one...and it may well be imperial actually...Cheers, Torsten.
                    Last edited by torstenbel; 01-06-2007, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Torsten is correct on the third stickpin that is the four F logo of the Turnerbund and I also agree that it is pre Nazi. Here's a different look at their logo.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X