Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Party Pin Help

Hello all,
    I have been lurking here for awhile now enjoying the wealth of information, and this is my first post. Myself and a friend picked these up in Northern Italy, I have read about the problems with the M1/4 and M1/129 Fakes and I would like to get the opinions of this great forum on these. Luckily, I received the NSDAP pin for free, my friend on the other hand paid 20 euro for the Nun Erst Recht pin. I just hope someone didnt urinate on them to "age" them, as I have heard is done to some items Thanks for any and all help.......

Welcome to the forum.

I personally wouldn't want either in my collection...... a Nun Erst Recht with an RZM is personal dislike, however, that aside it just doesn't look right to me. The enamel on the Party Pin also looks bad to me.

Sorry.

Don

Comment

I am not an authority on these, but I have one you can compare your M1/129 example against. I went and shot mine, here are the 3 best pics.

I bought this one as part of a group of medals from a first rate local dealer who obtained them from a family member of an Canadian intellegence officer who said that at the end of the war his dad had was responsible for relieving captured German officers of their awards during processing! (no, no RK or German Crosses) Therefore you can be sure of this pin being good. Hope it helps.
      Attached Files

Comment

close up
        Attached Files

Comment

and of course, the back. (pic flipped)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Will Brown; 12-31-2006, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Will, I like your pin there.

I agree with Don on the other two pins.

John

Comment

Thanks John. When I saw the pins in questions my first thought was how little they resembled mine. Reconnoiter, if memory serves I believe the early versions as a rule were made using colored enamels with some fine detail paintwork on the obverse, accounting for the hard, reflective appearance, the same technique being used on other awards, such as the German Cross.

Later in the war this method was discontinued and the NSDAP pattern though unchanged, was simply painted onto the face of the pins. Your pins seem to fall in the latter catagory, but I still do not thing they are genuine examples. The construction and markings on the reverse do not sit well with me either. Perhaps another member can substantiate this.

Comment

Will,
                Your badge was made by A. Stubbe in what is refereed to as the transitional period early 1934 just when the RZM was getting establish that's way theres no M1/ used before the 46. As far as the enamel is concerned it's not paint as we think of enamel, the material used is in a powder form that is fired in a kiln then polished to a smooth surface, in the mid war years they started making the badges from zinc and painting them with lacquer. The top two pins are both modern repro pieces IMO that have been chemical aged.
                Last edited by James Noble; 01-01-2007, 02:57 PM.

Comment

That's very interesting, thanks for providing the actual process. I always wondered just how exactly they produced awards/badges of this kind. Kind of nice to know the background of mine as well, and a nice early example to boot.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X