1/2 Size Deutschland Erwache Enamel Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 Size Deutschland Erwache Enamel Badge

I am attaching photos of a very unusual enamel badge I received in an old collection. It is an enameled "Deutschland Erwache" pin that is about dime sized, roughly one half the size of the standard NSDAP party pins. I believe this item to be original from the period, however I certainly look forward to your opinions and/or thoughts. I am photographing it alongside a DVG pin that is standard sized so that a size comparison might be made. Is anyone familiar with the purpose of a smaller version? Thank you for all assistance!
    Attached Files

Size Comparison

DVG vs DE
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverses

If judged authentic, can anyone suggest a ballpark value for this smaller pin? Thank you again and Happy New Year!
      Attached Files

Comment

I think it's a good one. But a little bit more opinions are needed.

Regards, Theo
        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I can't see any problems, are there any black flecks in the white area if viewed with a loupe?

Cheers
          Don

Comment

IMO it looks good to me and I would sell it for no less than $125US. As for its smaller size, I would think it could be for a female or possibly a child to wear. You don't see these around too often. Congrats Robert

Comment

rare pin...a nice one

mike

Comment

Both are definitely original, you should be very happy with them.

Comment

The half-sized Deutschland Erwache pin was registered by the NSDAP as a trademarked badge with the German Trademark office, and shows up in the Main Archives of the Munich NSDAP. A photo is in the Hoover Institute microfilm record of the NSDAP Hauptarchiv.

Half-sized sympathizer badges were options available for private purchase and were discontinued by the RZM (although a very few early mini party pins had an RZM code).

Comment

My thank you and appreciation to all!

I am very grateful for the wonderful replies and wealth of information. I appreciate all the replies, the authentication, and the valuation as well. I am proud to have it as part of my collection! Happy New Year to All!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X