Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Nordsee plastic "tinnie".

Hello again,
    This item came from the estate of William F. Henry (see my other posts for more war trophies of his). It is plastic like the war donation pins usually are, but I have never seen this one before and the detailing is quite intricate. It has the SA runes surrounded by the words "Nordsee SA Sportwettkampfe 1938". Something to do with a "North Sea sports match in 1938"? (Pardon my rusty German). On top of this is a Viking longboat riding a wave. It has runic symbols on the sail.
    The back of this pin is labeled "R. Sieper & Sohne, Ludenscheid. It is unpainted and colored the same as the plastic it is made from - a silvery grey. The pin is in mint shape and as far as plastic donation pins go quite well made.
    What have I got here? Anyone seen one of these before; and if so, is it indeed a form of a war donation tinnie?
    Any help would be great, many thanks in advance,
    Eric.
    Attached Files

Here's the backside. Sorry that it came out a little blurry.
    Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info XEN. The plot thickens! I love this research stuff, very cool. Hopefully more info will come along too.
          Eric.

Comment

This is a North Sea oriented SA paramilitary Sporting event badge, these pins were sold to help finance events like this. The only other one I have seen is in Ray Cowdery's book Nazi Para-Military Organizations and their badges. Nice one.

Comment

Nordsee tinnie

This tinnie is listed in Reinhard Tieste`s book on tinnies vol.2 page 537. Its a great SA tinnie although not that uncommon. Price would range around $40 - $60. Heres the one in my collection
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice work guys, I appreciate the info! I do really like this little badge, always had a soft spot for anything depicting Viking longboats and other Nordic items.
                Thanks again,
                Eric.

Comment

Great post guys.. I found this 5 years later.. I got the same tinnie and this helped me solve the mystery! Thank you! Scott

Comment

I too think that this badge has a great and somewhat emotive design. As mentioned in the earlier posts, quite common to secure and even now, readily available at a quite reasonable price. It matters not, a good looking plastic SA event badge.

Regards,

David
                    Attached Files

Comment

David,

This is my favorite tinnie.. It reminds me of the Auxilary Cruiser badge!

Thank you,
                      Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X