No announcement yet.

can i get a quick yes or no on this badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i dont know if im any better off or not this seems to be a recuring problem with many german items, the fact is there are a lot of good peices out there that if they dont fit into whats been seen in books as good they are thought of as bad, but in reality the only people who really know are no longer here to tell us, so is it a fake from what i have getherd here yes to some no to others detlev sold his for $260 i can get this one for $110 i suppose time will tell if i made a mistake to let it go or a mistake to buy it

Comment

just found this on www.warelics.com for $395 so either a lot of people think these are good or a lot of people are getting taken for a ride
      Attached Files

Comment

back
        Attached Files

Comment

you can see it better at this link its about half way down http://www.warrelics.com/Inventory.a...29+order+by+ID

Comment

Originally posted by burgerhaus View Post
            Even the attaching pins are not the same on these two examples. Time will only tell how many of these will be "found". No one is perfect either. Does Detlev's book include pieces with this kind af pin and plate set-up? Have a nice weekend. Robert
            Hi Robert, yes it does. Both B-issues in his book (the one with number and the one without number) have the rectangular plate...on both the letters and RZM, etc. appear to be raised...Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Another ...

Gentlemen,

How is this one? Also purchased from Detlev and I will offer it soon on the e-stand.

Mike
              Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Here is the http://www.warrelics.com one:
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

well can i get a final answer have put the seller off for a day already a show of hands would be good even thought its only $100 compared to the $395 ive seen on some sites its $100 i can not afford to spend on something no good

Comment

Hi Mike - I like yours just fine (M1/78). Nice badge.

Yes, there are deals in this business, but you also have to ask yourself why someone is selling a $395 badge for $100. Anyone with access to the Internet can see what these are going for. Deals are sometimes because someone doesn't know what they're selling (so then how did they come up with a price of $100?) - more often because someone is trying to sucker someone into paying for a fake. Knowing something about your seller can tell you a lot - like whether they should know better to offer a real one for less.

By the way, the new examples of this badge shown have an "A" before/above the issue number. I can't imagine what this is for. "B" meant unnumbered replacement on HJ badges. As these badges were limited to about 120,000 recipients, there was not a series ("A", "B", "C", etc.) of issues.

Any HJ'ers have any possible explanation, other than it's just another spurious mark put there by uninformed fakers to take in uninformed (and even some experienced) collectors?

Comment

Hi, Sjl

That M1/78 badge looks very nice indeed. Is their any standard for checking the good Badges and separate them from the bad? When I read your beautiful script about the GBP and verificated with some pictures, I have no longer difficulties to see what's an original GBP and what not. Just by reading the text an control a few, sometimes very little, characteristics of the Badge. But with this HJ -abzeichen their are more maker variants. How to decide that a badge is good or isn't?

I trust the M1/120 and I like that M1/78 but what to think about all the well known dealers selling the (raised) mm 15, RZM and like in this case the M1/52?

Regards, Theo
                            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

thanks to everyone who tried to help with this thread i seemed to have caused more confusion than anything else.
                              with regards to the seller i have bought other badges off him that where good i had these checked and given the by theo and others but im starting to think this one just isnt worth the uncertinty

Comment

Originally posted by tallfruit View Post
                                thanks to everyone who tried to help with this thread i seemed to have caused more confusion than anything else.
                                with regards to the seller i have bought other badges off him that where good i had these checked and given the by theo and others but im starting to think this one just isnt worth the uncertinty
                                Hi mate, what did you do in the end? Did you buy the badge or not? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X