Nsdap Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nsdap Badge

Sometime ago I presented this badge to the forum, it was agreed it was an original and hard to find badge, as many of the members know I am having to sell up my collection , I wish to know what would a fair price be to me and anyone who would be interested, be for this badge.
    Thank you gentlemen Peter
    Attached Files

pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

never seen it, but i might be interested in buying it ;-)

Comment

is the original thread still available ?

Comment

I have the same badge, from the same maker. If it's accepted to be original I believe it's worth about 100€. I'm also interested in the tread because my badge is still a mystery for me.

Regards, Theo
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Theo Cuypers View Post
            I have the same badge, from the same maker. If it's accepted to be original I believe it's worth about 100€. I'm also interested in the tread because my badge is still a mystery for me.

Regards, Theo
            Why is it a mystery to you Theo?

Cheers
            Don

Comment

Hi Don,

My badge was a gift from an German dealer. I was interested in that badge and he said that he has it's doubts about the orginality (he hat notice the badge in a fake gallery). Finally he just give it to me. The quality of the enamel is very good but I know that it is a very rare Badge. Even on the forum you can't find much treads about this one. I only have a few pictures of other types that a got from dealers sites. One such a piece has the lettering in a much thinner style as the "B" mm pieces. There is one other maker I know as "Gossler, Wien" When my fellow collector (assocation member) find some time I ask him to post some pictures.

Regards, Theo
              Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I see what you mean Theo, yes these are commonly faked. The best way to tell is to have it in hand.

I am at present undertaking a study of this badge using weights, measurements, &
                visual characteristics etc to try to find a quick way to spot the fakes.

Below is a fake that is commonly seen, imagine that after some aging it could be quite convincing.....

Cheers
                Don
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Don Scowen; 11-13-2006, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Hi Don,

I shall ask my friend to send the pictures to you (it could be take some days, he is always on hunting). And I will take the measure. The Swastika from my piece looks (besides the patina) a little bit fatter than the copy you showed. The little fixation plate of the safety pin has an egg - shaped form. The guiding line for soldering the backplate is in shape of a circle.

Regards, Theo
                  Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X